Your feet shape may be an indication of your heritage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Click for larger Photo

1013577_834447743236137_1561924309_n1.jpg

Some people (including scientists) believe it, see the opinion of Juan Ma. that, excited with this idea tried to collect some facts that can support the feet shape / roots relation.
Fact 1: Human genome determine several physical factors as skin, hair and eye color, shape of body and limbs, and so many more from baldness to disease tendencies.
Fact 2: Human Morphology is heritage dependent. (anthropometry)
Fact 3: There are other studies that revealed endemic tribal / family characteristics, like lack of fingerprints (adermatoglyphia) E.g.: in an outstanding number of Basque peoples.
Fact 4: We must consider mixed origins, since almost all races have mixed along the past 500 years. Very few and rare are the supposed “pure” lineages.

What are you?

Im Greek. :eek:

Id like to be known as leonidas, or aristotle from now on please.

Last edited:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Apparently "scientists" used to be able to tell your ethnicity and intellect from the shape of your head, so I would take foot shape with a massive pinch of salt!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Phrenology... read something about that.... had a chuckle over it. :)
Apparently "scientists" used to be able to tell your ethnicity and intellect from the shape of your head, so I would take foot shape with a massive pinch of salt!

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Green eyes and cheesy feet.

More info than you need but what does that make me?

Actually, feet not so bad now I'm past 50!

K

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Welsh dad, Irish mother - thought that made me pretty celtic. Now I find I'm somewhere between Egyptian and Roman! So that'll be the middle of the Med then...

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Tricky for me to tell as I only have 5 fully intact toes, so the romano-celtic look, although probable, is mostly down to necrosis rather than my feet's original shape.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Born'n'bred Irish, from Norwegian stock one side and the other Irish as far back as it's possible to know............but no! Perfect Egyption!

Ought I be traumatised?..................Counselling?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Utter rubbish.

a58d63e8-73af-11e3-_499536b.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This is actually a long running theory in archaeology; but it wasn't limited to those five foot types.
The lady who did the research and the original publication said that she could tell from the skeletal remains, in those instances where the phalanges and calcaneus survive, with a fair degree of accuracy (checked against other factors, dna, the bone structure re foods in childhood, etc.,) of ancestral origin….she needs enough information not only of the toes, but the width of the foot, the shape of the heel, etc., too.

M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I vaguely recall a tv programme a while back about the inhabitant of Rockall and their lifestyle hunting seabirds by climbing down cliffs barefooted. It was said that their feet were distinctly different and more 'prehensile' than mainlanders.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE