You know you’re getting old when……

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
We're still going on about longer arms to read picking lists at work. I managed to find a way to print in large font so things are OK in the end.

• Haha
Reactions: Robson Valley

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
...When the word, "cherish" comes to mind and lodges a glow of warmth in the pit of your belly, a dryness in the throat and dampness to your eyes.
And, somewhere in those feelings, there is a sense of gladness that you've had the chances you had and have lived through all those and feel thankful for living. For we are all worth it.

Ceeg

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
You know you're young when you can hold a conversation while on your phone and watching TV.

You know you're old when you try turning up the TV with your younger relatives phone. Then tell everyone the remote doesn't work anymore.

You know you're young when you play a trick on your old folks by picking up the phone and changing channels with it. Then handing it over and watching the older folk work it out.

You're old when your chair tilts and lifts to help you up.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I know you're old because road tax was abolished years ago.... It's been VED ( vehicle excise duty) for years. LOL.
Same same but different, excise duty is still tax. I’m not actually that old in the grand scheme of things (approaching middle age)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Same same but different, excise duty is still tax. I’m not actually that old in the grand scheme of things (approaching middle age)
It’s still called Vehicle Tax, Road Tax, Car Tax. Letters to me refer to Vehicle Tax, I think it’s just the DVLA that like to use Vehicle Excise Duty because they work in boring jobs and like that excise also means ‘to remove surgically’. ;)

Reactions: Fadcode

bearbait

You’ve been waiting at the badgers sett sitting quite comfortably, then when it comes time for them to emerge you know you have to pee and thats not going to go away anytime soon no matter how much you squeeze your knees together and jiggle :livid:

View attachment 68819

I have a wide-mouthed 1L Nalgene water bottle, marked with a large indelible P on the side, for occasions like those. Has been useful in many circumstances.

Not quite so convenient for the ladies though.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I knew a guy who spent a lot of money on new kit. 4 season tent, good sleeping bag, etc. Second trip out he shared with a mate who used such a bottle. In the middle of the night it leaked and he was downhill.

His new sleeping bag and tent held the smell for quite a few trips. He was not happy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE