Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
well any plans I had for another get together look like they have been scuppered as the local water & sewerage company (no names mentioned you know who they are) that own my house may well be terminating the lease as their lack of maintainance over the last 20 years now means it does not make business sense to bring the house up to standard.

Shame as it is a lovely little lodge cottage on an estate where all the other buildings are listed. Probable plan I was told was to board it up and make it safe. So give it a month and the slate roof will go and the inside gutted.

Wow Eds that`s bad s**t

Has it come out of the blue or has it been on the cards for a while ??? Either way that`s a real kick in the teeth. Don`t know what to say really apart from I hope you get stuff sorted out soon.

Rich

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Bit of both. Expected it need a lot spending as it was survey recently, but to move out well what ca nI say. I can understand where they are coming form except they are spending over £30 million to upgrade the sewage works and around £2 million to convert the old saw mill and farm buildings into offices to rent out (the site is a sewage works in an old estate) but they'll not spend £20k on a single house (ok there are about 6 houses on site).

And as its in the middle of the operational site they'll not sell or give a proper long term lease.

So looks like we're going to have to buy somewhere

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bump.

Spent some of my formative years in Calderdale.

Just wondering if anything has been set in stone for a meet?

I`m working on arranging a possible meet at the moment, numbers could be restricted to around 20 - 30 folk though, and a small fee may be required. Watch this space

Rich

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ah the county of my birth, then I joined the army there and did my driver training but alas it is too far away to go on any meets!:(

Mike B

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2006
Wakefield West Yorks
Me and the young un would probably be up for a Yorkshire meet,especially if there's somewhere canoeable quite close.
There's a couple of scout camps nearby 1 at Wooley close to jcn 38 M1 and another that has recently been aquired by the Scouts no facilities though but a gorgeous large woodland site. it is just off the A636 Wakefield-Denbydale road
P.M. me if you would like me to make some inquiries.Mike B...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Me and the young un would probably be up for a Yorkshire meet,especially if there's somewhere canoeable quite close.
There's a couple of scout camps nearby 1 at Wooley close to jcn 38 M1 and another that has recently been aquired by the Scouts no facilities though but a gorgeous large woodland site. it is just off the A636 Wakefield-Denbydale road
P.M. me if you would like me to make some inquiries.Mike B...

Definitely make some enquiries Mike, there more options we have the better I`d say.

I`ve contacted the scout group for where I usually go and they`ve said it would be fine they just need to run it by the land owner first. I mentioned the other meets on here which happen at various scout sites across the country, I also described the sort of things that we`d be getting up to and they seemed to take it all positively.

I should hopefully get some news soon so I`ll let you know.

Rich

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
I'm in York...

All sounds interesting.. Never done any wild camping (barring a weekend course with Woodsmoke last year), but I've done a fair bit of normal camping, and more than happy to dip my toe in the water, weather permitting (I'm a wuss ;)).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE