Yorkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Right, i've been wondering who on BCUK is from Yorkshire.

So with that in mind, sling yer name down and we could see about meeting up for a hike, camp out etc.

Post any areas that you currently camp aswell to give us an idea of what is available where.

With that in mind, i've tried contacting the FC and they haven't even bothered to reply!

I'll start off.

I'm Nat, i live in York, and camp nowhere as yet.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Leeds / Bradford

40 acre permission to play around in although I`ve only been own my own so far but I could probably sneak a few more in.

PM me for location if your`re interested !!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Live nr Calderdale at the mo. Have lived in Leeds,the aire valley, and Nr Ilkley. Work mainly takes me to Leeds/London. Apart from that, I have a couple of sites, which are quite remote, Council owned, but I keep my head down. Dont get out as much as i used to, but i want to change that.
[I keep meaning to go somewhere like Glenmore forest, for a week. Skirting the cairngoms. Which looks fantastic, near Loch Morlich.]

40 acre permission to play around in although I`ve only been own my own so far but I could probably sneak a few more in.

I'd come along. Havent been there since I was a cub scout!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
[I keep meaning to go somewhere like Glenmore forest, for a week. Skirting the cairngoms. Which looks fantastic, near Loch Morlich.]

I reckon I could be up for a bit of that Dave, any thoughts on dates at all ??

Spent many a night in Scotland when I was younger, loved it apart from the midges !!

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
Hi Karlos here, I'm from Hull. I'm completely new to this Bushcraft malarky and willing to learn anything for starters. I am not new however to camping (in a tent) or the outdoor life, my other interests are mountain biking, wildlife watching and I'm soon to buy a canoe. I used to canoe years and years ago so I'm effectively going to be getting back into it and will certainly be heading up to Loch Lomond when I get my canoe as I hear it's just fantastic up there and only a five hour drive.
I love the Cairngorms too.
As for Yorkshire I'm all for meeting up and wandering into Cropton forest or somewhere similar.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia

I reckon I could be up for a bit of that Dave, any thoughts on dates at all ??

Spent many a night in Scotland when I was younger, loved it apart from the midges !!

How about December? January? Will have to see.........:)

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Im cal from yorkshire/Lincs border area way thing and currently camp wherevether i can not many places in the wolds though

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Hi,

As it says above, location: Malton, North Yorkshire. So not too far from you Nat. Most of my camping in recent years has been tent based camping, usually from a canoe. I've not done the building shelters thing since moving up here years ago, but would like to do so again. So the idea of getting together with some like minded folks appeals. We've a second child due in Nov. though so not sure when I'll be heading for the trees again.

Cal, did you ever get sorted with a longbow?

Sep 28, 2005
I'm from Doncaster
Used to have access to some nice woodland in scunthorpe but since owner started shooting in there lost permission on safety grounds probably for the best
but used to enjoy ducking away form work for a couple of hours used to see allsorts
deer rabits hares carp in the lake & loads of different m'srooms.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
deepest darkest Emmerdale.

Ok The Woolpack at Esholt mostly

Sad, truly sad. Every time me and Neil used to yomp out on the far side of Ilkley Moor
we could guarantee at least 2 cars stopping to ask us the way to Emmerdale......the record was seven, which is annoying when you are head down, with a bergen on your back.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sad, truly sad. Every time me and Neil used to yomp out on the far side of Ilkley Moor
we could guarantee at least 2 cars stopping to ask us the way to Emmerdale......the record was seven, which is annoying when you are head down, with a bergen on your back.

Its not that sad - I live on the Esholt estate (now the sewage works) that the village used to belong to. So the Woolpack (or Commercial as it used to be) is my actual local. We've got barriers betwen use and the tourists

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Cal, did you ever get sorted with a longbow?

Yea,kinda, I tried having a crack at making one, worked quite well actually got it to bend all the way through and not just at the ends,The power on it couldnt have killed a mouse and i used simple string :lmao: , I think one of those little kiddy plastic bow and arrows would have been better!:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bump !!!

I`ve got a pass out for Saturday 7th December if anybody`s up for owt ???

Working in the morning then I`m wanting to do something that afternoon/night as SWMBO is out on a hen night. :rolleyes: As long as I don`t starve the cat I reckon I can get out for the night somewhere.

Rich

EdS

well any plans I had for another get together look like they have been scuppered as the local water & sewerage company (no names mentioned you know who they are) that own my house may well be terminating the lease as their lack of maintainance over the last 20 years now means it does not make business sense to bring the house up to standard.

Shame as it is a lovely little lodge cottage on an estate where all the other buildings are listed. Probable plan I was told was to board it up and make it safe. So give it a month and the slate roof will go and the inside gutted.

xylaria

well any plans I had for another get together look like they have been scuppered as the local water & sewerage company (no names mentioned you know who they are) that own my house may well be terminating the lease as their lack of maintainance over the last 20 years now means it does not make business sense to bring the house up to standard.

Shame as it is a lovely little lodge cottage on an estate where all the other buildings are listed. Probable plan I was told was to board it up and make it safe. So give it a month and the slate roof will go and the inside gutted.

Words defeat me.

That is appaling, your house is beautiful. The full members meet we had there was one of the highlights of my year.

why can't they sell it as a fixer-uper.

Have you got any where to live?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE