Yew Billhook...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
I made this Yew billhook handle & sheath about four years back & never got round to assembling it until somebody expressed an interest in it the other day.

Got there in the end...

Billhook_Yew_01.JPG

Billhook_Yew_02.JPG

Billhook_Yew_03.JPG

Billhook_Yew_04.JPG

Ta.

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
stunning, would love a pattern or instructions on how you made the shealth.... i do alot of hedgelaying and find it a pain have to put my billhook on the floor all the time and then bending down to pick it up....thank you for sharing that with us

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Treelore - cheers, This pic might explain the principal behind the sheath construction...

BillHookSheath.jpg

I love Yew! the wood that is noffense you make great kit and I really like this but its not enough for me to love you though chap, sorry.

Errr...thanks lol.

...I have got a damn fine set of pins you know :D

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
thank you for that i will mate, it looks like i will have to go down the commission route as i`m book up with work. i`m already booking hedgelaynig work for need year lol and what free time i have i`m helping out on woodland and pocket park projects.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Excellent work - I have had a sheath on order from a local leather worker for my 'hook...since last May!!! His work is good but very slow.

This sheath is cracking

kawasemi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE