Year alone scenario

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
I am trying to learn Thai as a second language. So it would be a Thai phrase book with CD's and player.(with solar charger) so should come out speaking fluent Thai.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
a solar charger and a lap top, so i can tell you guys what im up to and shear the experiance, i could also do alot of reading on it and play games. youtube will come in handy to, i could watch sean silver fox practice his harmonnica lol. i do like his videos

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
while I would love to say something like: megan fox, I'm afraid that counts as "human contact" so I'll leave that.

instead, I think either plenty of reading matirial (maybe novels, or something to learn, I'm not fussy)
or in a similar vein to east coaster, a still. but I would prefer it to look a bit like the one from the t.v. series M*A*S*H* (i.e. made out of glass tubes and bits of rubber pipe) and for it to come in kit form. then I can spend some time putting the thing together, and when bored can watch the liquid run through the system, it might be something a little more intersting than staring at the roof of the hut.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I'd take either a pocket knife for whittling if that wasn't already included or a case full of harmonicas. I'd love to learn how to play and with that much time I could come out of there a pro. I say a case because I'd probably end up messing up the reeds by blowing too hard or something so I'd need a few spares. Or a bed! Are beds already in the cabin? If not that would be a good choice.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
I starting to think some kind of home beer home brew kit would be in order!!!!!!!!!A year going dry would be a hard one indeed.One or two bottles of whisky would disappear far to fast;-).Tye,there is a bed in the cabin and a old pocket knife for whittling mate,

Rob Tangtent

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2009
Warwickshire
a nice acoustic guitar - preferably played by Kurt Cobain

but then again seeds would be sensiable because baked beans and rabbit might get a little boring after afew days...
well
ill go with the guitar
hopeing i can nick a potato or two off a farmer ^^

y0dsa

Forager
Jan 17, 2008
The Danelaw
A clarinet for me please. I'd love to learn it and not infuriate others in the process...

Or a sack each of salt and pepper.

Hm, tough call to choose between them though.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It has to be unlimitted paper and pens...write, draw, make chess/draughts/other game sets, keep a journal, make a map, make plans and forcasts, write reviews of all the kit I use, make cone traps for birds, make gadgets from worn out pens (an air-scrubber/rebreather was built on "Apollo the screw up" using a Fisher Space Pen - cant do that with a pencil!)
Paper and good drawing/writing kit is hard to make in the field but has more uses than any one brain can think of......computers started as a doodle on someones notepad.....

I could possibly even get to be a tollerably good wildlife artist if I had that much time to spare:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE