WTD Char Cloth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
Need a load of this please. I havent got the time to go through the process of making it and need it quite quick. Please PM me with what you have as soon as, Thanks in advance

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Some indication as to the reason behind not having the time to make your own, might lead to a better response,Leezo. If you need it for a demonstration, can you not work it into the class?

Ogri the trog

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
I'm busy with work day and night at this moment in time and this weekend is chocka for me. A project I'm running comes to an end next week so loads of paperwork.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
on the Mors course he made it by just setting light to cotton strips over a stick then once completely alight and starting to glow 'stubbed' it out by placing between the pages of an old book and closing the pages over it!

So simple and it worked great! ;)

I've been an advocate of the KISS strategy for a long time and this exemplifies it!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Why do people on here always question one's motives? The man has asked for help as he hasn't got anytime to make it himself!
If you don't want to help him don't post a reply!
The best idea Lezzo is Ogri's, and this would have been my advice too.
The reason being is that I am in the same predicament so am getting my students to do it on their course.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I wasn't questioning motives or berating Leezo's reasons - it was more for the info of it isn't a black art and can be done quickly and easily (once you have a flame - bit of a chicken and egg situation i guess)

essentially this way you don't even need a fire or a container ;)

I could make you some this weekend if you want but it's so quick and easy it is probably quicker to do it yourself what with the post office :rolleyes:

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
The tongue out and wink smilies were intended to point out that I wasn't entirely serious.

However, I think the point is that it's a very simple task, no offer was made of payment or a swap in the OP, so a little more information may have been considered more polite, and may have elicited a more positive response.

I need a new lightweight tarp. Quick as you like. Ta.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
I am going to get some on the go for Leezo over the weekend. I don't mind helping out if someone's tight for time.

Definitely not a job for indoors though... not if you don't mind doing it at night and redecorating the kitchen by the time SWMBO wakes up :burnout:

Cheers,
Steve

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Listen guys, charcloth I have tons of. At least 20 packets, all in rolls wrapped round a bit of dowel, so you just peel off what you need without fear of the rest of it getting crushed. It's what I have left over from the firesteel kit sales.

Leezo, PM me your address and I'll stick a load in the post for you ASAP. No charge.
Anyone else needing some, let me know.

Eric

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
Cheers everyone for your replies. My intentions are to pay as I dont expect to get anything for free. I didnt realise I had to put on that I would pay for it. Thought that was common sense that you pay for something that you want.
Eric I thank you so much for your offer but Steve has offered to make me some you are a scholar and a gentleman.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Happy to do it for the postage... and a 500 word discussion paper comparing the ignitability and heat output of flat cotton and cotton towelling charcloth ;) (I'm doing some of each).

Cheers,
Steve

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
Cheers Steve, I have sent address. I've searched char cloth on the forum and nothing comes up but I was wondering what methods people use and best materials and what to avoid

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE