WS Micarta

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Hi Guys,
i have just recieved my W/S Micarta and was a little disapointed with the edge, to sort this our i have bodged together a Hoodoo Hone with some 1500 grit wet and dry. Before i :***: it up is this too abrasive a grit or has anyone any better ideas, i hope someone can help cos its doing my head in.
cheers guys :wave:

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I use a stone ,then strop with 1200 wet and dry ,then strop with a starkie.
Shaving sharp in no time.
Take your time and use the same number of strokes for each side to keep it even.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Cheers everyone,
ummmm anyone know any way that i can break the news to my better half that i spent "all that money" on a "bl**dy knife" or is it secret squirrel time?
suggestions please!!!! or this might be me :pack: all the time

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Tell her how much you "saved" by buying the WS instead of the Alan Wood.
:eek:):

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Err, just don't!

RB, if you were to strop on 1200 grit, wouldn't you make it slightly convex?

Lou, IMO invest in some waterstones, and do it on them, that way you can be sure you'll have a completely flat grind. then just strop on the Starkie on a flat surface so to retain its flat edge.

If you don't know about the starkie its a piece of leather and a block of magic paste. It really is magic!

You rub it onto the leather, strop and you'll have a high polish razor edge in no time!

Cheers.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
ummmm anyone know any way that i can break the news to my better half that i spent "all that money" on a "bl**dy knife" or is it secret squirrel time?

What you need is a Land Rover.

When something new arrives, put it in the Lanny.

Bring it in later and if asked, say it was lying in the Land Rover.... You're not lying. Well, not exactly...

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
its easier to retain a rezor edge than it is to put one on there to start with! you need to at least let them know, even if you dont send it back!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE