Writers wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rydergrove

Dec 28, 2012
Suffolk
www.betweenthetrees.xyz
I’m looking to expand my blog to offer the readers a wider choice. I currently write 4/5 articles a month and I am looking to offer likeminded people the chance to add there own stories and experiences to a wider audience.

You will have you own specific page with intro / portfolio and links to articles you have written.

Currently 3 people write on this blog and I am hoping to increase this size to about 10

If you are interested in writing on my blog then please contact info@betweenthetrees.xyz

The blog is here www.betweenthetrees.xyz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I am not an Instagrammer, so I can't see the details of your blog. I got to fix that some time. The site doesn't have any advertising? No, sponsored reviews, that sort of thing?

Rydergrove

Dec 28, 2012
Suffolk
www.betweenthetrees.xyz
I am not an Instagrammer, so I can't see the details of your blog. I got to fix that some time. The site doesn't have any advertising? No, sponsored reviews, that sort of thing?

No that’s true no sponsored advertising i’d rather keep away from that. The only links on front page is companies that I act as an ambassador for.

I don’t get paid for anything. Like I said it something I enjoy doing and would like to spread my experiences and the. experiences of other people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Ah, good. There's nothing guaranteed to boil ones pee quicker than providing content on a site and discovering they are siphoning off advertizing revenue on the basis of your work, or some other such rascality, getting free goods and lunches, or buying expensive knives that I couldn't afford.

I write tons of free reviews of stuff I have bought and remember once coming across one that someone had put up on their site .. had the temerity to thank me for the permission to do it too :lol: Everything on that site, (which incidentally had no advertizing on it) eventually linked to pages on another site selling bushcrafty and t-shirty stuff. Took me a while to track all the pieces down, but I eventually found the owner and sent a nice email with an invoice for $600. :) Worked. Didn't get the $600, but did get the article taken down. Which is a shame because, I guess the subjects of the review ... early career knife makers ... would have liked the publicity. Everything is a moral trial, eh?

Reactions: Janne

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Cool blog just had a butchers hook, jerky in dehydrator sounds fun but staking claim to it being your method is a bit thin :D

:D the link is to my published version from about 3 years ago IIRC and I don't try to stake claim to owning the technique either, looking at mine and yours I could accuse you of stealing it, but i'm not :D the information was freely shared and the only thing unique about mine to anyone else's who published a version of it before i did is what i chose to marinade my meat with :)

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Small business guy I know, Larry Jackson, wrote the following:

"Anything worth publishing is worth paying for, every time.
The price may be negotiable but the principle is not."

I used to write for radio/TV/print magazines for many years.
The plum was $0.15/word. Best was to revise it and sell it twice!

I'm pleased to read so many are writing for pleasure. Now, polish that stuff and sell it.

Reactions: Janne and GGTBod

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If I want to write some thing for free, I easily can write it here.

And I guess, the people I want to inform will find it here easily too.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
If I want to write some thing for free, I easily can write it here.

And I guess, the people I want to inform will find it here easily too.

Very true indeed, but.....I rather think a blog is a great way to diarise certain events (or adventures) in your life and impart knowledge. The blog enables you to do this all in one space and be much more creative with your writing style and format. That's primarily the reason why I write mine, oh and it keeps me occupied on my long commutes to work!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The problem is, that longer textes are dying out....

People protest if you write consequently the allowed amount of words in Forums.

I tried this on several german forums.

I really think, it isn't worth the work.
Nobody will read it.

People watch videos to get inspired.

Reactions: GGTBod

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE