Wool blanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Following the Lowe heads up at Endicotts, I've spotted they have the Dutch wool blankets. I can reccomend these for serious use and amongst the things I have done with these blankets is the fabrication of a bush shirt including hood. The interesting thing about these blankets is that they seem completely immune for shrinking and 'felting' (if that's the correct expression?).

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1872

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Dear John, indeed it was your Avatar that inspired me. Happy to know that I'm not the only one with these hobbies... There is a nice thread on the clothing & footwear section, also do-able with this blanket (and no bundeseigentum logo:D).

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Quite agree on the quality of these blankets, Iv'e got one and my only regret is I did'nt buy two.

Glen

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
The pictures sent to me show Mastino's bush shirt, looks great and made without a pattern! Hats off:

bushshirt3.jpg

bushshirt6.jpg

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Mastino,

cool looking garment!

I like how you made the back longer to give more coverage. Nice design.

Q on the Dutch blankets, do the Dutch still issue these or are these type of blankets no longer made?

I find good wool is harder to find these days. And yes, you should consider selling this design!

Cheers.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Mastino,

cool looking garment!

I like how you made the back longer to give more coverage. Nice design.

Q on the Dutch blankets, do the Dutch still issue these or are these type of blankets no longer made?

I find good wool is harder to find these days. And yes, you should consider selling this design!

Cheers.

See link: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50491 There's some action going on, and obviously endorsed by me:)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
went to the local army surplus today and bought one of these for £12 - not a bad price i thought.

cant believe how thick and heavy it is - and its not even that itchy!! :D

cant be bad!

andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE