Woods- Essex/Suffolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi all,
Am looking for any public woods I can go to over the comming 4 days holiday, does anyone know of ANY public woods in Suffolk/Essex that I can go to??
Cheers
Wilderbeast

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
When you say go to do you mean as a day visit for a walk around or somewhere to camp for 4 days? former is east latter less so.

Epping has some incredible out of the way places considering where it is if you get off the beaten track. Hatfield Forest (National Trust) is the best example of a medieval Royal Hunting Forest surviving right under Stansted. It has 500 acres of coppice, superb unimproved grassland and woodpasture, a lake, 1000 ancient pollard trees. what more could you want? In Suffolk my first choice would be Bradfied woods owned by suffolk wildlife trust and probably the best example of continuously managed coppice woodland in the country.

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
When you say go to do you mean as a day visit for a walk around or somewhere to camp for 4 days? former is east latter less so.

Epping has some incredible out of the way places considering where it is if you get off the beaten track. Hatfield Forest (National Trust) is the best example of a medieval Royal Hunting Forest surviving right under Stansted. It has 500 acres of coppice, superb unimproved grassland and woodpasture, a lake, 1000 ancient pollard trees. what more could you want? In Suffolk my first choice would be Bradfied woods owned by suffolk wildlife trust and probably the best example of continuously managed coppice woodland in the country.

fantastic! Could I camp in any of those???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE