Woodlore knife thoughts...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Well, in your case... quite possibly :lmao:
Well I dunno mate, it'd be nice to think so, my point being there are not too many places you can part with upwards of £350 for a knife and know that (within reason of course) your cash is waiting for you should you want to sell...

Are the material costs of that knife worth anything close to £350, of course not, we all know that, does the very credible endorsement of Ray and the professional touch of Alan add enough value then, of course it does!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Snip> Well I dunno mate, it'd be nice to think so, my point being there are not too many places you can part with upwards of £350 for a knife and know that (within reason of course) your cash is waiting for you should you want to sell...

I'll let you know over the next few months.... :lmao:

Last edited:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
What a great position to be in! Mind you, a six year wait is patience indeed!

If the bank balance looks healthy, I'd go for it. Both the knife and the sheath are great pieces of kit. I still regret selling mine for not enough a few years ago but, like many here, I have 'moved on'. They are great to use and it will become a firm favourite, I'm sure.

I firmly believe that the Woodlore is designed and made to be used. I would strongly recommend that you do exactly that rather than hang on to it as some sort of object of fascination. Selling it and reaping an enormous return is, I suppose, another option but, to my mind, flies in the face of the spirit of bushcraft - but that's another discussion entirely. As an investment, it'll probably outperform any stocks, shares, ISAs, bonds or equities in its own modest way; but is that why you bought it?

Whatever choice you make - enjoy it!

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
I think that if you paid yourself £15 pounds and hour and it takes 4 hours (£60) the materials are £10 (£70) grinding belts, leather, electricity, shop rates etc another £50 thats a reasonable price of £120.

Factor in the the experience (experienced people get paid more) and you can increase the hourly rate. then consider that a knifemaker may not have work 100% of the time and anything that i have missed it is not completely unreasonable cost. if you want to pay for the craftsman then what's the problem.

My problem is that it is just a pants design lol

I think that if you paid yourself £15 pounds and hour and it takes 4 hours (£60) the materials are £10 (£70) grinding belts, leather, electricity, shop rates etc another £50 thats a reasonable price of £120.

Factor in the the experience (experienced people get paid more) and you can increase the hourly rate. then consider that a knifemaker may not have work 100% of the time and anything that i have missed it is not completely unreasonable cost. if you want to pay for the craftsman then what's the problem.

My problem is that it is just a pants design lol

usually you double the materials and labour cost as a minimum but hats general manufacturing to cover over heads and a small (5% ) profit

then a reseller will add on there mark up ;)

this any better :yikes::borgsmile

Stick%20DWC.png

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE