Woodland MSS manufacturers, Tennier or MHF int. corp.?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bert

Forager
Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
I can order a brand new MSS sleepsystem.
which I like to do due to not being too lucky with used bags.
I thought that somewhere I heard that Tennier the only manufacturer was?
Now I learnt that this one is made by MHF int.corp. is that good or bad?
And does this MSS have a cotton liner bag, or how do they keep their bags clean?

anyone any experience with their product?
Cheers,

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think that's currently the best offer if we talk about low budget equipment.

I recently called Fecsa and asked if I can get that somewhere in the EU, and they were very surprised because they don't deliver to normal shops.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I can order a brand new MSS sleepsystem.
which I like to do due to not being too lucky with used bags.
I thought that somewhere I heard that Tennier the only manufacturer was?
Now I learnt that this one is made by MHF int.corp. is that good or bad?
And does this MSS have a cotton liner bag, or how do they keep their bags clean?

anyone any experience with their product?
Cheers,
Are you sure that you don't mean 'MFH' as the manufacturer? If so, this is a relatively cheap make, and I doubt that they manufacture genuine issue bags, but rather commercial copies. Even so, the quality may be good - i've not seen one - but more of a gamble than if you were to purchase a genuine issue item/an item made by the government supplier.

Bert

Forager
Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
I agree with you in that it is a gamble, but as far as I know, the original manuf. doesn't make them new anymore, and I have had my part with used army stuff, 8 out of 10 times I need to return it due to too bad quality, or sizing. even when you ask for such and such size they sent something else :-(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE