Woodland Festival at Elvaston Castle Country Park

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
See you down there Matt.
I'll be the one half awake carving with sharp tools for two days, if the lad keeps me up all night again.:)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Here's me thinking I'll get some peace!
Only joking fella be good to see you.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
hopefully be making it down for a visit on the sunday, it looks like a good day out

stuart

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
i shall keep an eye out for you chris, not sure what time we'll be going down yet, probably not 'til after lunch though

stuart

Don't eat to much mate, we built a brick oven, so there's pizza, bread and the dutchy made peach cobbler. Martin would be proud.

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
We all had a great day today it was nice to put a face to a name and thanks to your friend for letting me have a go on the pole lathe plans are all ready a foot to build one in the garage with SWMBO permission

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Managed to get there today - saw Addo and Woodspirits for a chat. I thought it was great - good variety of activities, both woodcraft type as well as wildlife. All in a great woodland setting with good weather and only a reasonable car park fee to pay. And never had a go at using an arty soldering iron to burn wood, or had a go on a pole lathe before - both good fun.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Just got back . . . It was a great day out . . . . . . :D
Lots of interesting things to see but my personal favorites were;
The two guys on Wild food, could have spent the whole day with those guys, (got a bit paranoid I was loitering a little too long so had to wander off . . . lol)
The wild man of the woods was fantastic with the kids (and adults alike) with his teaching integrated with stories,
And last but not least the peach cobbler was superb :p (my compliments to the chef)
The only downside was we got there a little late (1.30) but I only saw it on here at 11.00 this morning.
A big thank you to everyone on here that was involved . . . . . goodjob
Regards,
Tree beard.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE