woodgas stove trial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Having trouble with the website it keeps re directing me saying page with the stove can't be found??

Sent from somewhere?

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
how are you prepping the stove? they are supposed to be filled to just under the upper inner holes with small 10-15mm long pieces of wood then lit from the top. ive done this with all sorts of wood and its always worked for me. good bit of pine resin on top and it goes up lovely

Exactly how im doing it, just with the Ash it burns to charcoal in a few minutes then dies away.
It burns like a flamethrower with Beech.......

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
The link is working for me??

Try going to the Aliexpress website and searching for this.....

Portable stainless steel lightweight wood stove

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Sorry to resurrect but mine arrived from Aliexpress well pleased it didn't take long at all ? One question what's the little pan on the far left for??
y5avynun.jpg

Sent from somewhere?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I am awaiting mine coming from China, i thought that the little plate was a mini frying pan, like a one egger

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I know it won't fit an egg ......maybe a quails egg if your being posh!! 😉 still very pleased with the time it took can't argue with that and the price..

Sent from somewhere?

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Don't want to try that yet I'm only just getting the water to boil!. Do these need to be really packed with sticks because I'm not seeing much of the gasified effect yet?

Sent from somewhere?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Don't want to try that yet I'm only just getting the water to boil!. Do these need to be really packed with sticks because I'm not seeing much of the gasified effect yet?

Sent from somewhere?

Takes a couple minutes to heat up, I start with lots of small twigs initially then add my larger fuel when that burns down to embers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE