WinterMoot 2019

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just to let you all know that we'll be having a winter Moot in Febuary of next year (2019)

We'll get up more details in a short while, this is what we have for now.

WinterMoot
Date - Febuary 18-24th 2019
Location - Merthyr Mawr, South Wales (Same location as the Summer Moot)

The Winter Moot is a new event that we've introduced to give you the opportunity to camp during the winter amongst friends and for us to share our knowledge and learn from each other.

We would like this Moot will focus on cooking and staying warm. Please note that this is not instructor lead but rather a knowledge sharing social event allowing us to share ideas, food, show each other skills ranging from fire lighting to dutch oven cooking etc. All in a relaxed location and atmosphere where we can do as much or as little as we want.

Everyone will be able to come and camp, use the facilities etc. We'll make sure there's firewood available. some people will want to come for the week and others just for a few days or the weekend.

Reactions: Dark Horse Dave

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We'll make sure there's plenty of firewood, I figure there will be less people that the big summer moot so the same amount of wood should work. I think we'll also keep the camping area smaller and more orientated around the main area and a good evening fire will probably be good as a social area.

We'll make sure there's a throwing spike area as well :)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Hopefully we should make it. Be great to see just how good our underquilts are Not sure about with Rhiannon though, it may be a bit cold and Boring for her! Would be nice to camp without her so we can chill out!

boubindica

Forager
Mar 13, 2018
London
doubt I'd manage the 2019 winter moot, but if it's still on the menu in 2020, I'd be very interested in honing winter skills :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE