Winter Madness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Well i think its upon us, the nights are drawing in there is no way iam home from work in time for it still being light, so all outdoor activitys are cancelled at least until the weekend.

So whats everyone got planned?

I'm gonna hit the gym
Save up for a canoe
Perfect my Steak Pie recipe
Buy some Bushcraft books
Once the dutch oven arrives perfect my one pot recipes
Take a long time deciding on my next knife (Surfing this forum)

And tormentingly make loads of plans for the spring/summer 09 that only 50% will be forfilled

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've seen dawn most mornings the past week..........absolutely beautiful :D I agree with Robin, nighttime walking is special :cool:

Time out is when and where you take it......find your local countryside park Rangers Autumn guide, they usually have bat and badger walks; or take up a nightschool class.........make furniture or baskets or pots........all transferable skills........though it seems you've already been making plans :approve:
There are meets on over Autumn and Winter too, one this weekend coming at Loch Tay and another the following weekend near Sanquhar, you'd be welcome at either or both :)

cheers,
Toddy

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
get out in teh woods man! if we only go out in the summer and spring we miss half of a lifetimes worth of the great outdoors! The beauty of a winter woodland, or snow covered moors is , in my mind a hundred time better than a summer meadow. Whatsmore a clear frosty night with billions of stars blinking overhead, a warm fire, comfortable bed and good friends is just about the best place i can ever think to be, if i could i'd live only in those few hours of darkness on a november night

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
Nothing changes here. Still play in the woods, still gather what i can. I find autumn and winter the best time to gather sticks for carving, its easier to see the shapes when theres no leaves about. I love the quietness of the woodland when it snows, the way the sound is blanketed.

Andy >>>>>---------------------------------<>

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Scotland, North Wales, whoooooop winter's the best time of year! :D :D Winter walking, ice climbing, amazingly crisp fresh mornings, no bugs, whats not to love about it! I saw a sudden rash of 'theres snow on the mountains' pictures from the Scottish outdoor bloggers the middle of last week, I've been smiling ever since. Theres nothing that beats sitting snug in a bivy on a snowy mountain sipping a good hot chocolate while the sun comes up!

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
So whats everyone got planned?

What I have planned:

Lots of canoeing/kayaking (surf season is upon us)
Bushcraft weekends (got an underblanket heading this way)
Cycling
Walking
Chopping up firewood

Wife has me planned for:
Finishing some diy I started last year never finished
Fixing the car
Tidying my hobby room
Constructing a new room in the attic
Washing the car
Selling the motor bike
Selling the VW camper van
Selling two of my 4 canoes
Selling my lifes collection of books
so on and so forth ;)

Problem is fitting it all in going to have to make some tough choices ;)

crwydryny

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2008
south wales
I have a busy time planned though how much I'm going to get done is another thing.

first off I have a karate class to get ready for their gradings
I'm planning to errect a small forge
working on doing a few sketches for sale in order to raise some quick cash
going for a short camping trip into the woods (weather permitting)
and a few pther projects both big and small

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Well, for me the shooting season is about to kick off, so that take most Saturdays, hopefully leading to some mid-week game prep.
I've put a post on here about winter projects, I'm hoping to harvest a nice "to do" list from that.
There'll be sloe gin and vodka to sort make and bottle.
Oh, and theres the shed to sort out, that's a "paint the fourth road bridge" task to me, I never sem to be finished with it!
And there's surf the web for more outdoors info and inspiration for more projects.

Phew!

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE