Winter forecast?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Mine says the opposite.
I'm informed that following the wettest summer for 100 years, we may well be facing the coldest winter for 100 years. Starting early and finishing late. Not what I really wanted to hear

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Absolutely...I love it! I am going to do my best to make the most of it this year when it comes. What do you do Dave?

be easier to ask what I DON'T do! :lmao:

I'm a full time craftsman, mostly I'm a knife and tool maker and teacher of such makings (take a look at my website for an idea). My workshop is in 10 acres of woodland, so during the winter I'm either in the workshop getting through my order book or outside coppicing, clearing and generally managing the woodland :cool:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
There are some promising signs for a colder winter but its far too early to tell as yet. The weather forecasting this year has been worse than a joke and I have no faith in anything specific.

The biggest indicator for a cold winter here is a genarally warm artic with low pressure, which in turn pushes the cold air south. Its called the Arctic Oscillation (AO) and we want it to be dominantly negative for the cold.

Its forecast negative again for this year, but it was last year and it ended up positive :rolleyes:

There was a glut of winter forecasts last year and most were wrong. I won't have any faith until a month or so beforehand.

My prediction is of a cold and snowy winter ( if I keep saying it, one day it will be true :))

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
It's fun to speculate, especially with forecasts of cold winters, but no one really knows until it happens. I've heard so many predictions of severe winters over the years which didn't materialise.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
My prediction is for an early chill, with prolonged sub zero temps, a heavy snow fall followed by a day of plus temps then back into the freezer till late March with heavy snow and ice and that my loaction will once again receive the highest snow fall for England :)*

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
A little reminder of last February :)

2012_0603tracks0026-1-2.jpg

2012_0605tracks0029-1.jpg

2012_0602tracks0034.jpg

I always look foreward to winter, I guess that makes me a bad person.:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE