Will there be any signage to tell where the site actually is?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Never having been before, and turning up early Monday morning with Cameron to do the pre-moot courses, I was wondering just how I find the campsite? All I know is it's at Merthyr Mawr. Now my satnav will help me get there, but where do I go once there?

Tony, can you PM me your mobile number please also.

Eric

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Look for my white Peugot"Expert" van with rusty roofbars in the carpark at the end of the road :)
The one with the springs so flat they are almost inverted..... and a BCUK sticker on the back...

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
You basically drive to the dead end of Merthyr Mawr Rd, that runs from Bridgend all the way down to Candleston castle (marked with a (C) in the pic). Normally there'll be some signs (BCUK logo), though I'm not sure they'll be up on the Monday ...

Schermafbeelding2011-07-29om204942.png

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorry - had to be done :)
What time are you thinking of getting there?
I am about 3 hours away to the west and could "guide you in" (from say...the car park :)?)
I like getting to places early :)
Having checked the preMoot courses thread Tony says we do not have access until the PM .... I will be in the carpark earlier than that and probably go for a walk or look at the castle :)

Last edited:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Sorry - had to be done :)
What time are you thinking of getting there?
I am about 3 hours away to the west and could "guide you in" (from say...the car park :)?)
I like getting to places early :)
Having checked the preMoot courses thread Tony says we do not have access until the PM .... I will be in the carpark earlier than that and probably go for a walk or look at the castle :)

Tony said 3pm for the course members. Admin and instructors can get in earlier to get set up. Depending on the roads, I'll possibly get there around 7am (we are leaving Durham at half eleven Sunday night (I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway) and we are driving through the night). Anyway, I love night driving. Cameron will probably crash out in the car, and I'll grab an hour in the hammock once our camp is set up. That combined with a flask of coffee, chicken sandwiches and a can of red bull should see us OK.

Thanks for the map Ahjno.

Eric

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
What vehicle will you be driving Eric?

I'll be hoping to arrive between midday and two-ish - so if I see someone panicking..........

ATB

Ogri the trog

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Tony said 3pm for the course members. Admin and instructors can get in earlier to get set up. Depending on the roads, I'll possibly get there around 7am (we are leaving Durham at half eleven Sunday night (I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway) and we are driving through the night). Anyway, I love night driving. Cameron will probably crash out in the car, and I'll grab an hour in the hammock once our camp is set up. That combined with a flask of coffee, chicken sandwiches and a can of red bull should see us OK.

Thanks for the map Ahjno.

Eric
Hmmm - I dont think I will be that early.....
Safe drive and see you there!:)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'll be driving a little red Ford Ka. You won't see me panicking. I'm the king of chill-out!

King of the chill eh - I can see we're going to get on fine!

I'll be huffing and puffing around in my trusty old dark green LR Discovery, probably with a trailer behind it - I've got SWMBO coming to join me later in the week.

Ogro the trog

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
King of the chill eh - I can see we're going to get on fine!

I'll be huffing and puffing around in my trusty old dark green LR Discovery, probably with a trailer behind it - I've got SWMBO coming to join me later in the week.

Ogro the trog

We'll get on fine if you'd care to help me demolish this nice bottle of Jura I'm bringing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE