Wilkenson sword woodlore knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks Leon, I have e-mailed Gene about more information on the drop point #6, I hope to get a reply over the next few days... It's looking like a contender. I'm steering for more of a hand made blade than production.

The General, I'm going to have a hunt for what a BRK&T actually is :wink:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks for the links... By all acounts it's a damn good knife but I don't think it's the one for me. I also had a good look at the range on the site and couldn't really see anything that stood out and made me think wow.

I have narrowed it down to:

The WS woodlore knife with wooden handle
The Gene Ingram #6 DROP POINT
The Alan Wood Outdare Series: Classic Model

It all depends on if Gene or Alan get back to me from my e-mails and the delivery time.

I'm one of those people who take a roll of photos, wait six months and then get them developed on a 1 hour service :?:

However, once I have one, I may order a completely custom one and wait to get a knife with all the qualities I find I need from the shortcomings of the one I get this time around.

I'm in such a hurry because the MOD one and the other survival/combat knives I have are really not helping me at all at the moment.

Thanks for the straight talk! It's REALLY appreciated :notworthy

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
i would be very suprized in Gene didn't reply almost immediately. Both gene and Alan are great communicators. I ordered my Ingram yesterday the delivery date will be 21 Jan. Its a wile to wait but your getting a quality item

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Squidders said:
D.) Because they are used by Ray Mears, is there some stigma attached to having one?

Stigma?
Nah. Only if you are some kind of reverse snob, in which case your opinion doesn't matter! :eek:):

Personally I am double plus excited about the prospect of receiving my North Star! :biggthump

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Lurch said:
Stigma?
Nah. Only if you are some kind of reverse snob, in which case your opinion doesn't matter! :eek:):

Personally I am double plus excited about the prospect of receiving my North Star! :biggthump

Well some people can want to be that little more elite, obviously all the newbe muppets like me watch telly, want a good knife and it's a nice looking blade... And hey, Ray Mears uses it... so it's a case of "oh, EVERYONE's got one"... it's the same as everyone where I live has either a :censored: BMW or Audi... I didn't want to be another carbon copy, German car owning toff so I bought a nice unreliable Jaguar instead :roll:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
What about the Alan Wood bushcrafter, anyone got one of these? Links? Perhaps people could recomend me to one of these instead?

Cheers,

Jake

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
I'm still trying to figure out what's Elite about a simple piece of GFS, with a simple grind and 2 pieces of wood stuck to the sides :?:

It's the simplicity that makes it work though, I guess?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It all depends what you're into... I'm sure that in nitting circles, some needles are shunned... It's like a football team that gets so popular that nobody likes it.

We do love our underdogs!

The plucky little guy facing the giants.

Lemoneyewash

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2004
UK
Jake Rollnick said:
What about the Alan Wood bushcrafter, anyone got one of these? Links? Perhaps people could recomend me to one of these instead?
I think Martyns modesty has got the better of him.... :wink:
Rec'd a 'Bushcrafter' yesterday (mine has green canvas Micarta and brass pins). Had zero chance to put through its paces but it is a VERY impressive package. Plenty of weight and a 'beefy' feel to it, which I like and looks like it will be very easy to work with. For a much better description see: http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4350
In comparison to my Fallkniven F1 (never fancied the Woodlore/WS version) it's significantly heavier (7 oz against 5.5 oz on cr*p kitchen scales) with very slightly more drop, by eye about 1.5mm, on the belly. The drop profile to the point is virtually, again by eye, identical to the F1. Handle fit for my 'hamshank' mitts is superb and, even though I've only been playing with it so far, I know it will be very, very comfortable. Much more so than the F1 which I have loved (errr....in a manly rufty tufty kinda way of course :shock: ).
Alan can be emailed at: a.wood@knives.freeserve.co.uk
Having said that, I've also a North Star (to quote a fellow BB member "...almost a custom...") on order and I'm JUST as excited about getting my grubby paws on that (with 'Super' curly birch and mosaics :) ) and at virtually half the price of the BB Bushcrafter but only a fraction more than a production F1 :yikes: .
Maybe you could wait a couple more weeks or so and look for the reports and comparisons on BB which are sure to appear?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE