Wilderness Gathering Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Maybe elm, lots of votes for that. It is a choice between Bog Oak (thanks Bardster) and elm at present.
Roger

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Glad you like it, the pins are nickel silver. I was torn between that and brass but am pleased with the result. Scabbard tomorrow.
Roger

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Very, very​ nice. That is really lovely. Are you going to post an example in elm as well?

Yes once I've made one up. Spent yesterday silver soldering the pommels on all ten and assembling the first bog oak one. I've a few customer orders and some leatherwork to work on for the next few days so will try and get an elm one done for next week. I'll show you all when it is done.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Yes once I've made one up. Spent yesterday silver soldering the pommels on all ten and assembling the first bog oak one. I've a few customer orders and some leatherwork to work on for the next few days so will try and get an elm one done for next week. I'll show you all when it is done.

Oh, no... I have a strong feeling that I might just have to put my name down for one of them!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I received my elm handled one this morning. It really is a that rare thing: a tool of absolute functional beauty. It is compact and light, making it really good as a neck knife; it is beautifully finished with flush-fitting handles and superb even grinds; it comes with a very nicely made sheath. But, above all, the shape of the blade and handle mark it out as a tool to be used.

I am a great fan of the Skookum Bush Tool and enjoy using both of mine. Roger's Wilderness Gathering knife is from the same sort of school but takes it to the next level in terms of detail. The handle shape is slightly tear-dropped, giving a broader surface for the web between thumb and fingers to work on. The tip of the blade is not in a straight line with the spine of the knife, allowing easier cutting and control - this last is further enhanced by the slightly shorter blade length.

To say I am pleased is a massive understatement - I am absolutely delighted and, even after just a brief inspection, I know that this little beauty - and it really IS beautiful - will be a superb 'user' from now on. I'm lucky enough to be able to use it, teaching bushcraft, in the next couple of days but I know it'll tick every box for me.

Would I recommend it? Without a shadow of a doubt. It is money very well spent and I hope that Roger goes to the Wilderness Gathering having sold all of this year's bog oak/elm versions.

I've no connection with Bison/Roger and so on - I am just a very impressed and utterly delighted customer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE