wild food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Welcome to the forum. I would recommend Roger Philips's Wild Food as a home reference book & Richard Mabey's Food For Free as a field guide to get you started.

Roger Philips's Wild Flowers, Trees & Mushrooms are also good home reference guides. I like the Blacks field guides & pair them up with Mabey's book when I go out.

Before you eat anything always cross reference and take care as some plants & mushrooms are extremely poisonous and difficult to identify. Happy foraging.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Welcome to the forum. I would recommend Roger Philips's Wild Food as a home reference book & Richard Mabey's Food For Free as a field guide to get you started.

Roger Philips's Wild Flowers, Trees & Mushrooms are also good home reference guides. I like the Blacks field guides & pair them up with Mabey's book when I go out.

Before you eat anything always cross reference and take care as some plants & mushrooms are extremely poisonous and difficult to identify. Happy foraging.

Plus one to all that - excellent advice!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
All good books but always take food on your camps or you'll go hungry. Look on wild food as a way to supplement the food you take.

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
+1 on the Roger Phillips.

Got both the pocket and coffee table versions for mushrooms - field and home use covered about as good as it gets.

Alex

Apr 12, 2014
March
got new book today. identification guide to mushrooms of Britain and northern europe. By Josephine Bacon.
Looks good packed with photos and fact files,will be reading up on this.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE