Deck of Cards -Plants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Has anyone found any one whom manufactures a GOOD set of Playing cards with bushcrafty/survival type information upon - predominately thinking plants/trees

One of those deck of cards that has information on that is dual purpose. Bit gimmicky but easy way to learn I guess.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We had one of those packs years ago, long before BcUK, when my sons were little.
I have no idea what happened to them.

Richard Graves comes to mind somehow with them. The Australian fellow who wrote the books on bushcraft. From ropes and cords to campcraft, from food and water to snares and traps, firemaking to navigation, etc.,

It was a good way for the children to pick up information.

Pretty sure we had a set on trees too; British trees.

Dec 29, 2022
East Suffolk
Has anyone found any one whom manufactures a GOOD set of Playing cards with bushcrafty/survival type information upon - predominately thinking plants/trees

One of those deck of cards that has information on that is dual purpose. Bit gimmicky but easy way to learn I guess.
I couldn't comment on the quality, as I've not seen them in person, but there are these:

https://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/flora--fungi-playing-cards-62146-p.asp

https://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/bushcraft-playing-cards-62131-p.asp

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It was playing with a set of 'British Birds' playing cards when I was a nipper that first taught me quite a few of our native species. I've looked for a set recently but they're all 'Birds of the World' - much more dramatic I'm sure but not as educational for the UK

There are a few 'wild flower playing card' sets such as these:

Oooh... they also do fungi and birds etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE