wild brown trout wrapped in wild garlic leaves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Togger

Dec 16, 2007
Derbyshire
Well this afternoon I took my son fly fishing, we caught a few brown trout and on the way back to the car passed a good crop of wild garlic, so, picked a few leaves and then made our way home.
I lit the bbq and while that was getting underway gutted the fish, then to make then ready for cooking , I cut slices into the main part of the fish and added small slices of lemon and a leaf or two of rosemary and tarragon. I then wrapped the trout in the wild garlic leaves and seasoned with black pepper. Wrapped in foil and put onto the bbq for around 30 min turning over half way..... WOW! This is the first time i've tried the wild garlic. I don't know if it was because a few hours ago everything cooked was looking to the sky or what, but it tasted devine.
If you haven't tried it, give it a go soon.

Togger

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey Togger,
I've ot about 12 lbs of brown fillets in the fride in a scottish gravlax mix at the moment, caught today... by a mate, ready to be laid down for a slightly later date, when gutting than the had fresh baby muscles in their tums so were a fresh run... had a wee taste yum. Thought your fresh cooked trout will no doubt be far superior these would go to waste for me at the moment as all my pots are full of bunnies cooking in a rum and brown sugar mix waiting to be scoffed. We are so lucky to have a glut of food at the moment and I, and by your post you are enjoying it at the moment.
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE