Why have Fallkniven changed the DC4?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I loved my first dc4, shaving sharpness on a clipper in just a few minutes. Then I had to go an ruin the thing trying to re profile an axe (oh the folly of youth!). Anyway, the nice people at fallkniven sent me a new one for free but I am sadly disappointed with it. The diamond side was very very coarse to begin with - this obviously has since worn down but my original never started out that coarse - and it now starting to fade away with very minor use. It also seems that the metal plate the diamonds are on isn't completely flat. I've not bothered to put it up against something to see just how off it is as I don't use it very much any more but it does seem like quality control has dropped a bit. Do you think they've changed manufacturers?

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
hmmm not so nice!
I bought two of the newer DC4's as field sharpeners. Luckily I also have a small pocket hard arkansas stone, to go along.....but the black stuff is indeed no way near 2000.

I hope they don't wear so as soon as stated.....
The rough black stuff is a bit improved after 2 times use.

@ all the comments about whining!:
since alot of people dislike poor quality, its waste on the enviroment for manufacturing, its wast on your wallet (since avalability of cash :empty: and heigth of prices in 2012 are terrible), the principles of bushcraft.....it IS something to whine about.
And: my knife is evenly important as my stones. A stone and its knife are like bride and groom! :p
My advice on quality and prices on stones; get a Honyama Quarry Stones while still available. They are the best so far as I know (in my modest opinion)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE