Who's about in Gloucestershire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Luke,

Sorry I missed your post and picked it up to late to join you.

Hope you met up with Dave. Will be up for a Sunday afternoon pint. I am away this weekend!

Oh what busy lives we lead, sadly not always doing the things we want to:rolleyes:

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
hya - not been ignoring you but havent been able to get onto the site to answer anything.

had my not fun holiday jabs last monday and I've been sluggish all week then a dodgy egg custard has wrecked me form yesterday. :(

luke - 21st I'm in egyptcestershire so we'll have to try an earlier meet or a later one.

J

jinx

Cor blimey! What a struggle getting on to this site. Sorry Iv'e missed your posts, but this is the first time I have been able to get back.

I'm still keen to meet any evenings except Mondays and Tuesdays.

Ash, are you in or around the cheltenham area? What road do you come in on and we could meet in a pub convenient for you. I'm in "The Reddings" myself.

Jinx

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hello folks finally able to log in again!

Luke S, Crazydave It would be good to meet up toinight if you don't mind me tagging along.

Jinx, I live in Leckampton. Perhaps one of the pubs on the old bath road, but I'm up for suggestions.

Just a suggestion, as we all have difficulties finding the time to all meet up together it might be better to set dates well in advance and as long as at least two are able to go then we meet up. That way at least we can book dates in our diaries, although not all will be able to join in every time it at least gives a chance. As previously mentioned I think sunday would be the best day for all concerned.

Hope to see you soon

Very nice part of the world Podcast Bob. Just keep watching this space ... so to speak. We're going to organize a meet in a woodland v. soon. We are also trying to have regular meetups in local drinking establishments.
On that subject, maybe we could all put a convenient date in for a woodland bimble,when we can all meet up togeather. Hopefully we can choose a date we can all do.
I propose my date as Sunday August 10th.

Luke.

J

jinx

Yoh Luke_s,

Did you have a venue in mind for August 10th?

Ash, it was really good to meet you last Thursday, We must try to get every one together soon for drink and chat.

Has anyone been to the camp site at Hereford (bushcraft adventures I think they are called)? Apparantly you can camp in the woods and have camp fires.

Jinx

Hiya jinx. Yep, we have a couple in mind. There is a NT site near Stroud called Maitlands wood. Also, my family own a woodland area near Bisley in the Stroud area.
In fact, I was there earlier tracking Badgers,but I came accross a tree covered inwhat I think is King Alfred's cakes. I also cut a piece of Elder to make another whistle.
On other occasions I have seen Fallow Deer there too.
I have located a possible site to set up a 'camp' area too.

Luke.

J

jinx

Hi Luke,

Your parents place sounds good, because we presumably would have permission to be there and would not risk getting hassled by over zealous wardens of any sort? Presumably no gangs of youths looking for a place to participate in intrusive, and dubious, night time activities either?

What kind of woodland is it? As it has Ash trees in it (they grow the King Alfred's Cakes) I imagine it is a mixed woodland rather than a Pine wood plantation? Also how big, and is there any sources of water?

My 6 year old boy would be fascinated by the idea of badger tracking, he had a great time searching for bats (with detectors that pick up bat noises) on a forest of dean wild camping night we did last year.

Jinx

Hi jinx, there are no wardens of any type there. The woodland is fairly out the way so no one else really goes there, even in the day (only a few ramblers). It's a private woodland with some publicd access.
There is no running water in the wood but the house is nearby any way.
The wood is mixed and is quite varied too.
The area is quite hilly though.
We've had the Scouts stay there a few times and they set up a badger watch hide, and by all accounts were successful.

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Luke_s the 10th of August sounds like a good date to me.

Sorry for being absent on this forum for a while, I've been a bit busy recently.

Hope everybody has been keeping well, I have enjoyed meeting up with Crazy Dave, Luke & Jinx.

I look forward to further meetings.

It has been mentioned before that sundays are the most likely days to be able to meet up so any more suggestions like Lukes would be good.

ASH

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE