Who's about in Gloucestershire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

jinx

Hi guys,

Sorry for not being in touch for so long. I thought this site was off line as I have not been able to log on for ages. Now I realise its a problem with my laptop as I have accessed from another computer (PC 1 point , Apple Mac 0).

Anyway, I am keen to do the 10th. Where will it be, and are we camping over the Saturday or Sunday night, or is it just a day time exploit first time out?

Jinx

P.S. any one know why my shiney new 'Apple Macbook Pro' cant see www.bushcraftuk.com ?

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
It would be good for us to meet up on a regular basis. None of my 'mates' have any interest in bush craft and survival, so I'm feelin like a bit of a loner! :-([/QUOTE]

I feel like that too. Im from quedgeley/Hardwicke.
A regular meet would be great, LOL, like a glosmoot. Sorry that was bad.

What happened?

We need to organise a Glosmoot!! Good idea.

Maybe after the 'holiday' period we could organize a proper get togeather, maybe even an overnighter. Any ideas??

If any one's interested, I'm free most Monday evenings now, until kids go back to school. So a saunter thru my woodland could be a nice way to unwind after a Monday! Send me a PM if interested.

Luke

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
What happened?

We need to organise a Glosmoot!! Good idea.

Maybe after the 'holiday' period we could organize a proper get togeather, maybe even an overnighter. Any ideas??

If any one's interested, I'm free most Monday evenings now, until kids go back to school. So a saunter thru my woodland could be a nice way to unwind after a Monday! Send me a PM if interested.

Luke

So, do you like the sound of Glosmoot? I thought it was a tad cheesy really.
An overnight would be kool, a bit ashamed to say but I'v never done any real camps just teenage drunken "field partys" (a tent, a hell of a lot of booze and a fire) you know the one's I mean I'm sure

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Luke, I did turn up to the Fostons Ash on Sunday but didn't see you about, so went for a wonder anyway. You said you might get called away so I assumed that is what happened.

Hopefully we will meet up for a mooch round that wood of yours soon. I could possibly do a monday evening, depending on work commitments.

MrMel, "Glosmoot":You_Rock_

Jinx, up for a wednesday/thursday night pint or short walk if weather looks good. Invitation exstends to all who wish to meet in cheltenham.

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hello everyone, finally got my act together and back on this website.

I know I started this thread and so far apart from a very enjoyable couple of pints with Dave/Luke & Jinx no real bushcrafting has taken place.

Well what to do next? Organising events is never easy and was thinking it might be a more productive approach to post on this thread when you are next going out and asking if any others are available to join, then exchanging details. The reason this way work a little better is that we all make plans then Life/family take over. This way we all go out when we can and if others are available then they can tag along.

I have just come back from holiday in New Zealand (don't hate me), all I can say is that it is fantastic and highly reccommended, which is the reason (along with work commitments) I have been away for so long.

My next excursion is to walk across Scotland in the TGO Challenge 2009. So getting out and about for any reason is all good preperation.

Has anyone here done anything similar, all advice appreciated?

happy bushcrafting !

bayleaf

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2008
gloucestershire
Hello chaps.I'm new to the forum,but saw this thread and thought that I'd join in.I'm in Tewkesbury,and well placed for Malvern,Gloucester and Chelts.

ASH

Feb 12, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hello to all again.

I've just had a scan through these messages and noticed a "Podcast Bob" would that be the prolific podcaster of backpacking light fame?

If so I would love to pick your brains regarding TGO Challenge and all things BPL.

Is anyone up for a walk and a pint the weekend 22/23 Nov. I have not organised anything but just seeing if there is any interest. All are welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE