whoopie sling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Marlow D12 is great for whoopie slings-its made from the same stuff as amsteel blue (dyneema sk75) but is not quite as strong as amsteel blue for its width.
If you can get marlow then you should be able to get english braids(english braids own marlow). They do a "dynamic" line which is pre-stretched sk75-its better than marlow d12.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The whoopie sling will sit in the channel happily on its own and the tail of the whoopie sling will act as a drip line. I haven't had any water make it accross the tail yet although i've not had a prolonged deluge yet with the whoopies.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
You just know that wont happen until 3am!

Much as my sliding knots have done, waking on the floor twice LoL!

Hindsight say tell mate they have to get in, so you can check the adjustments ;)

al.

garethw

Settler
Hi there
I've seen the thread on the US sites about the Amsteel slings, what's to stop you using Paracord? It break at 250kgs which is well over double my weight. Anyone used it? I've done this type of splicing for years to make carp fishing rigs so I doubt it would be hard to do.
Any thoughts?
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE