who could make me a firesteel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
well as the title suggests, i would like someone to make me a firesteel . reason im asking for someone to do it for me is its going to require a bit of skill, as i would like it to be the shape of my zodiac sign which is leo, i think the shape could work well and it would be nice to have something a bit personal. heres some pictures ( couldnt find one on its own so they are all here) not sure how much something like this is going to cost but if your interested pm me and let me know . thanks for looking.

zodiac-signs3.gif

zodiac-signs.gif

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
nice idea but I would have thought it would 'catch' on the little 'tail' - you tend to use a glancing blow...... (I'm assuming a flint and steel type of steel of course)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
You could over pronounce the top of the curve so this would be the bit that contacted the flint, and you would hold the bottom of the tail, so in use it would be canted over slightly.

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
yes its for a "flint and steel" launditch 1 has offered to make it for me ,i think that shape could work well .will keep you updated on the progress.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE