Whittling doodads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Well, again, your good words are very appreciated. :beerchug:

Hoodoo, Very impressed with your art, a real skill. What "product", if any, do you use to finish your pieces? I'm attempting a spoon, made from Cherry , it's not far from finished, and thinking about final touches. One thing is for sure, it won't look anything as good as anything of yours!! Any info gladly recieved. Thanks, Andy...

Mostly I use mineral oil. I have tried some preservative stuff called Nelsonite on stuff that would not be involved with food. It works very well but the works needs to be done outdoors or in the garage because the smell is bad and lingers for awhile.

Here's a small spoon carved in walnut. I think I've posted this somewhere here before.

smallspoonwalnut2b.jpg

A crooked spoon:

crookedspoons1b.jpg

This is a large spoon carved from poplar.

poplarspoon2b.jpg

poplarspoon3b.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
This is one of those threads, like the most high Erics on Flasks and Tankards, that by the time you get to the the end you can't help but wonder why you ever started reading it in the first place. Because that last project that took you a fortnight and three machines and you were so proud of has just been blown out of the water by a bloke with a penknike.

What more can I say, breath taking. The chain is amazing. Superb work.

And yes the naughty corner may be getting another visitor:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE