Whittling doodads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Anyone here like to whittle doodads? One of my favorites is the ball in a cage. Here's a couple variations of that I recently finished.

The first is a sliding cage (nearly finished in these photos).

ball_in_2cages2c.jpg

ball_in_2cages3c.jpg

The second is a ball (yolk) in an egg.

egg_w_yolk1c.jpg

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The bottom one looks like a henry moore sculpture, but yours is more interesting, and took more skill to make. It is very beautiful and should be worth the several million a henry moore goes for. Ever thought of making a big one and putting it in a art show.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Very nice....The top ones are very clever and the bottom one is beautiful...How did you manage to get that ball so perfectly spherical..?

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
That is astonashing! The skill involved in those peices looks amazing! How do you make such beautiul items!?

Maybe next time you make one you could take photos of each step you take to create one of these beauties. That would be great to see!

Thanks for showing!

:You_Rock_

Jon

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
How the .?.?.?.?....

The top one is technically amazing ad the bottom one is beautiful..

PS what woods/tools did you use ?

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
The bottom one looks like a henry moore sculpture, but yours is more interesting, and took more skill to make. It is very beautiful and should be worth the several million a henry moore goes for. Ever thought of making a big one and putting it in a art show.

Interesting! Henry Moore is one of my favorite sculptors. I love his work. However, a creative artist I'm not. I stole this idea from Dick Onians. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE