which season do you like to be out in the most?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:) Ice climbing is a sport here .............ice climbing at night is considered fun by some folks.
Son1 if you're reading this, your Mum would much rather you didn't :(

cheers,
Toddy
Ah - memories of the Northern Corries of the 'Gorms (it is always dark when you climb there ... if you are as slow as me...) and the ice climbs in Idwal....
When I was young and fit!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah - memories of the Northern Corries of the 'Gorms (it is always dark when you climb there ... if you are as slow as me...) and the ice climbs in Idwal....
When I was young and fit!

Oh good grief ! :rolleyes: another one of you !

There must be some adrenaline kick from being both scatalogically scared and utterly elated at having beaten the climb :dunno:
Mum's and missus' worry though.

M

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Oh good grief ! :rolleyes: another one of you !

There must be some adrenaline kick from being both scatalogically scared and utterly elated at having beaten the climb :dunno:
Mum's and missus' worry though.

M

Toddy it's part of the job, the GF and my mum worry when I go off fishing in the winter or if I am using a tool more dangerous than a screw driver. Admittedly I am with you on Climbing who ever thinks it's a good idea to dangle from a rope for fun is insane, but tool use and field sports are safe (if you know what your doing) are nothing to worry about.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hi folks here in PHX. Arizona my best seasons are Fall (before it gets to cold) and spring (before it gets to hot)...summers are to darn hot to do anything unless you head to the high country/wood line which will take many hours of travel to get thier...even in summer the high country here in Arizona really cools off in the evenings to were you have to wear a jacket and build a fire...vince g. 11B INF.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
:) Ice climbing is a sport here .............ice climbing at night is considered fun by some folks.
Toddy

Ah, the pleasures of a bit of thwack-and-dangle! Happy (and they really were...) memories of the Curtain, Minus Two, Zero and Green! I do remember those winters in the early 1980s when nearly everything was in condition and for a long time; when axes were not made in Sweden and had a rather different shape and function... Happy days!

Fat Rog

Forager
Sep 30, 2012
Rotherham, S. Yorks
Spring is my favourite time of year, I love the colours and smells of nature "waking up" from the sleep of winter :). But I'll camp out in owt but the coldest winter weather, especially if a bit of fishing is involved :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Winter!

Snow and ice fascinate me in the same way as watching the camp fire. Less people about in the winter, everything is cleaner and there's few bugs about.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Right now is pretty much perfect. In autumn you see the fire grow bright against the dark at a reasonable hour, and you begin to need the warmth. But you still have some leaf cover, and so many interesting things to forage for. Best time of the year. (Plus, you can chop wood without getting into a muck sweat)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Lets see now; the four seasons:
1. Hunting/Football/World Series Season
2. Getting ready for Hurricane/ Fishing/Baseball Season
3. Hurricane/Fishing/Baseball Season
4. Tornado Season

Aw heck, I love 'em all!!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The Best colours are Autumnal.

Hard Ground, crisp clear skies, red and golden leaves, under skeletal trees. A vivid time of year :D

[Have you noticed all the best horror movies are filmed in the 'fall'?]

Last edited:

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I would say, after some thought..

1. Winter - cannot beat trudging through a foot of snow, and the feeling of a hot chocolate from the pocket stove in the frigid cold.
2. Spring and Autumn - Spring is like Summer without the obnoxious heat, Autumn for the colours and coolness.
3. Summer - Love it, but it's easier to warm yourself up in the cold than cool yourself down in a sweltering summer. Betty swallocks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE