which season do you like to be out in the most?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

v8mule

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
wigan
What a beautiful morning to waken up under a tarp, the mist it heavy in the woods, the joy of getting a fire going to brew up, the snap of the logs as I spits into life, the smell of the bacon as it sizzles on the hot plate, the fact you can see your own breath lets you know your alive good morning all...!!!

ian

v8mule

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
wigan
i love the winters we were out the other year and woke up one morning and it was -18 hope its gonna be the same this year

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Would have to say Autumn and Winter- gives me a chance to get my layering right and not get too hot when chopping wood etc! Plus there is something a lot more tranquil about a cold, dry and clears winter morning!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Clear, cold, dry days like today with not a cloud in the sky, or clear hot days with not a cloud in the sky. I've done more than my share of wet weather camping so you lot can keep all that.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
No preference. each season has its good points.

Spring - just great to see the wildlife emerging again - everything feels fresh
Summer - no need for tarps and heavy kit - just lie and look at the stars
Authumn - lots of colour, fewer biting bugs than summer
Winter - snow, frost, and deep starry skies.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I was just thinking of the converse of my previous post

Spring - wet, windy, and not yet warm
Summer - thunderstorms, too hot, still raining, and midges
Autumn - more rain, now cold and windy too, with leaves and rotting fruit everywhere
Winter - cold, windy, muddy, rainy.

Actually I think I'll just stay in and post on the forum...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
..............there's a common theme here...........anytime that's not wet and muddy :rolleyes: Sounds like home to me ;)

I love the changes :D that anticipation from the first breathe of a different scent on the air, that first subtle colouring of the trees (and the light) the feel of the Sun or the shiver of the snow, the nip of the frost on my face and hands, the smell of rain in Summer, walking barefoot on muddy grass, or a sandy beach, or charily over pine needles.
'tis all good :D It's all alive somehow :)

Y'know for a species that's supposed to have evolved on the savannahs of Africa, there's very few of us here who relish really hot weather, seeming to prefer the cooler seasons, even on our temperate islands.

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I reckon it's hard to beat autumn for the colours that shift so subtly each day. Then, winter for its stripped elemental nature. Spring is refreshing for the sheer fluorescence of colour and explosion of life; this leaves summer as the last in the list, for all sorts of reasons!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:) Ice climbing is a sport here .............ice climbing at night is considered fun by some folks.
Son1 if you're reading this, your Mum would much rather you didn't :(

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE