Which knife to take from the classifieds???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Camel

Forager
Nov 5, 2012
London
Purely on the basis of corrosion resistance and not knowing what steel the BG is made of I would say the F1.

Rust on knives is a pain and the sorts of oil which prevent it the best tend to be bad for a knife used to cut anything edible.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have 2 BG re-curve bushys, a standard one & a custom one with an extra large handle, so i'd go with the BG, also have a nessie & a small knife by Bernie. In fact i wish you'd buy, just to save me from myself...

Rob

Rob

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
Thank you all for your input, I decided on the F1 and will hope that the custom bushie I ordered now will please me so much that it will be my last knife (just joking...).
The F1 should arrive this week and I am really looking forward to it.

Just one thought on the sheath material: last summer I took an involuntary swim while paddling a small stream here in Austria and spent some time swimming and wading, sometimes up to my hips, carrying the H1 in its original nylon sheath with no damage done. A leather sheath would have come soaking wet, soft and nearly useless until dried out properly..

Regards,
Heinz

Rob, the BG is up to you to get, I did not want to get into the way...;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE