What's the best bushcraft knife for a beginner? Any advice?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
No its a double post, sorry. My not-so-smart phone has difficulty with these forums sometimes. Will try to delete it, if not perhaps a nice mod could clear it up for me? :)

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Master a cheap kitchen knife first, how to pass the knife safely to another user and all the different grasping of a knife no shorter than 3 inches for the blade, (cutting part), then learn how to sharpen the knife properly. Then moved on to a mora knife, then after a few years,you can spend as much as you want for a good custom knife. But in my humble opinion, the best knife for a new rookie, would be the one you are holding in your hands. Also buy a good quality first aid box. You bound to cut yoursel, if you are thinking of playing with knives, happy mastering my friend.
Cheers the interceptor boy.

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
Another +1 for a mora. I also have a Laplander saw and a spoon knife.

Can't go wrong with a Mora. If you wreck it you lost a tenner. Same principle with axes, mine was three quid so I can 'learn' with it

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 27, 2012
Penley
So pleased I read this thread, I need a good knife as I have been bashing the crap out of my leather man wave for too long now! Off to look at the Mora now :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE