Where to get replacement seal for 58 pattern water bottle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Is it possible to get a replacement seal for the good old black water bottle? At a viable price...

I got one a couple of years ago without a seal and have been using an o-ring, but it doesn't seal completely.

May be as cheap to buy another bottle from a car boot or somewhere, but it's a shame not to carry on using a perfectly good bottle for the want of a seal.

Thanks

Geoff

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Mine got lost a few years ago but I used the cap as a template and cut a circle from an old inner tube and pushed it into the cap and it works well enough.

Dynamite_1303

Feb 25, 2009
North Yorkshire
I bought a pack of black rubber 'O' rings from BnQ I think. The pack had about six or seven of mixed sizes for a couple of quid. One fit my 58 pattern lid snugly and creates a perfect seal.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Thanks for all the suggestions but, as noted in my original post, I've already tried an o-ring, which doesn't seal completely, so I don't want to bodge again. I've ended up ordering a replacement lid assembly off ebay (thanks puub) for a couple of quid.

I did get an offer of a replacement lid from one of the members on here (many thanks - you've got my PM) but I'd already ordered the new one. Aarrgghh!

ATB

Geoff

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
it also works without the rubber aswell just as good just in case you carnt get one
in fact i might have a couple of spares knocking about if no one else is any help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE