58 PAttern Canteen pouch.... alternatives

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
@ONE

Does the fire hanger bracket work well?

I know someone who managed to throw his food into the fire when he used it.
But the kit was new and he was a beginner.

Which fault might he have done?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
To be honest. I’ve never really needed to use one. The cup is perfect just pushed into the side of a fire. That’s what I do. I would get an aluminium lid though If you plan to use it in earnest.

Reactions: Erbswurst and MrEd

MrEd

Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
The E&E pouch arrived today, exactly what I was looking for - fits on my bag perfectly, and colour match is fine, and the pouch fits a 58pattern canteen perfectly with a bit of space.

Now I can keep my large bladder/large bottle in the main pack (for better weight distribution) and have a ‘on the go’ bottle of water with brew kit on the outside.
Frees up a lot of space in my rocket pouches to put shelter/outer layers and food/easy access stuff in instead.

nice :)

7880C1E5-AD49-45F2-A553-4E1A5D89487A.jpegB33846B5-ED90-4EAF-BB9A-B98E7EF7FE2C.jpegA29984E9-1BFA-45EE-9AEE-B57A43D3F76E.jpeg

MrEd

Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Nice one. Thanks for the update. I’ll deffo get one as a spare or to permanently put on the side of my day ruck.

Nice socks, moo cows? :biggrin:
Luminous dinosaurs!!

uniform policy at work is black or navy blue socks so I rebel and wear socks like this :D

also it has 2 D loops so actually would make a reasonable brew kit with a shoulder strap or something if needed

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
The E&E pouch arrived today, exactly what I was looking for - fits on my bag perfectly, and colour match is fine, and the pouch fits a 58pattern canteen perfectly with a bit of space.

Now I can keep my large bladder/large bottle in the main pack (for better weight distribution) and have a ‘on the go’ bottle of water with brew kit on the outside.
Frees up a lot of space in my rocket pouches to put shelter/outer layers and food/easy access stuff in instead.

View attachment 68914View attachment 68915View attachment 68916
Liking the brew patch.

Reactions: Erbswurst and MrEd

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales

View attachment 68914View attachment 68915View attachment 68916

Where did you get the pouch from mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
WHAT'S THE WEIGHT???

;)

@cipherdias
Have a look at this construction here!

The Soviet bottle pouch is the lightest bottle pouch pattern that I know. And it works perfectly! I used it many years.

Last edited:

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.