Where do I find Woolrich lumberjack shirts in uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrubcutter

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2008
Dorset
Howdo,

I've been looking to do some shopping and am looking for cotton and wool lumberjack/flannel jackets by woolrich and other good makers. Unfortunately all seem to do business only in North America. Does anyone know where to get these shirts in the UK?

Here's a link for an example.

http://www.woolrich.com

...then following link for 'Mens Shirt Jacs' for some examples and then 'Long-sleeved Shirts' in left column for others.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Ta.
Scrubbity

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Have a look at the Bailio range also at Tamarack

Fantastic for bushcraft , threebig pockets and mainly wool, very comfy and warm, but not itchy, I like mine a lot

Uncle Alvah

Sep 27, 2008
Duncan NC
Filson has gone downhill to some degree, even producing some products "out-of-house".
Shop carefully, some of their stuff is still top shelf, some is less so.....

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
try ebay for Pendletons - usually from the States but cheap as chips and are 100% wool, unlike Woolrich (80%). i've had several amd never paid more than £15 inc postage

whats the crack with import tax and duties and handling fees n stuff when buying from the US, is there a simple rough percentage you can add to get an idea what its likely to be?

I was half watching some ventile trousers recently but someone told me theres a cotton embargo with the US which adds a load more tax?

leatherneck

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2005
U.S.
I have both the Woolrich Alaskan shirts (80%wool/20%nylon) and the old Canadian Wool combat field shirt (85%wool/15%). I like both with the Woolrich being slightly "fluffier/thicker" and the Canadian shirt being tighter knit and a nice olive drab color. If you go with the Woolrich, try to find the Alaskan shirts with buttons rather than snaps. I have the two versions.

Here's the Canadian combat shirts

http://www.armynavydeals.ca/asp/products_details.asp?SKU=bshtwool01&ST=2

The U.S. had a version called the Korean shirt but I've never seen one and can't say if it's as thick as the others.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The US Korean shirt really are the dogs dagglies 100% wool, with a brushed / felted feel.

More of a thin jacket than a shirt. I sold my Swanni as I never wear it since I got a US Korean shirt. Mine was orginal unissued and cost less than £20 delivered. The originl 100% wool ones have orange written labels printed in them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/authentic-Kor...hash=item320004791956&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Here is a web site of a UK supplier of both woolrich and filson, they are not an outdoor supplier but I've had some fjall raven in their sale and had a good deal...no conection etc, etc, etc
www.oipolloi.com
jon

scrubcutter

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2008
Dorset
Very many thanks to you all for the helpful replies.

I've managed to check out most of the links out and will look at the rest when I have time.

As an aside, why is it that we Brits always get a limited selection of the stock (invariably the duff lots) available from a foreign manufacturer whether they're shirts or hiking boots? I assume I can order them in if needs be? (shows you how long since last ordered something!).

Thanks again,
Scrubbity

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE