Where can I get a swiss volcano cooker???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Any ideas folk? Can't seem to find one online anywhere except for one on evilbay for 20 quid :eek: Missed out on the group buy due to lack of cash but have plenty to swap for one if somebody has one. Either that or if somebody could point me in the direction of an online supplier I'd be most greatful. Cheers, Davie

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
I'll be doing a 2nd group buy of these from EAS in a month or so; just need to spend £200 with them which works out at about 30 cookers. If you're interested, then feel ree to add your name to the list.

Chris

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Here's a German supplier asking €13.90.

The site is all in German - but maybe you can muddle your way through. Haven't used the site yet, but he says that shipping costs within the EU are the "usual" rate.

MickG

Forager
Feb 2, 2009
Blackwood South Wales
Compact
use small pop can burner, hex blocks or burn wood
you can boil water or heat food in the mug
I have not tried it but you can heat the water bottle full of water if you want a larger amount than the mug
a larger pot can be rested on the top but its not very stable ,ok if on flat rock
bottle holds about two mugs of water
cheaper than a kelly kettle
Mick
youtube shows one being used have a look

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Here's a German supplier asking €13.90.

The site is all in German - but maybe you can muddle your way through. Haven't used the site yet, but he says that shipping costs within the EU are the "usual" rate.

Do NOT deal with that site (www.armeebedarf.de)!

After choosing the Volcano stove For 13.90 Euros, I clicked to go to check-out and a pop-up informed me that the minimum order that they could accept was 15 Euros.

No problem - I picked out a few other items that had taken my fancy and then checked out with an order worth 27.90 Euros.

Next day I received an email saying that they could not take my order since the "accountancy costs" were too high for any order within the EU but outside Germany under 50 Euros.

Well - there were still some items that I could buy to top up the amount - though I am beginning to wonder what these guys do to earn a living. So I top up my order to the amount of 53.60 Euros.

They then sent an email confirming my order with the the end amount that i should transfer to them - 73.55 Euros !!!

These guys who claim to ship at the "usual" rate had slapped on another 19.95 Euros for shipping - to a country that is just next door to them.

Talk about a wind-up! (but the fish got away:))

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its only a couple of years ago that I bought a small job lot of these for about £2.49p each if I remember right:( Bloody bushcraft label is wacking up the prices on kit these days:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE