What's your camp knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
My humble ugly knife. This is what I'm using at the moment and I rather like it.

Kershaw-BearHunter078.jpg

Kershaw Bear Hunter (Yeah, I know there aren't too many bears to hunt in the UK but when they arrive I'll be ready for them :lmao: )

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
AW Woodlore, Bison woodcraft, Gene Ingram #6 or Bearclaw field knife... no real preference, I just grab one when I leave... they all get the cr*p beaten out of them and they all love it... pervy knives!

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
My camp knife is a Fallkniven F1 for smaller tasks. If I haven't got to carry it (vehicle supported) I usually have an army machete for serious chopping tasks.

Stewey. :D

J. J. Magnum

Feb 28, 2006
USA
abeknives006aw0.jpg

I currently carry this knife from our own CanRanger (Diving Sparrow Knifeworks). This knife has done it all and not needed a touch up yet. It went through last summers camping and a year of scout projects. Knives come and go from my collection but this will remain a favorite.

dsc02525kb8.jpg

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
My camp knife is made from soft steel and is handled in purple heart. It has tassels as a lanyard too.
:eek:

Or on a more serious answer - My knife is now a Woodland Edge Bushcrafter.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
For 'public' camping its a SAK, but I plan to camp on my stalking ground for the Roe rut this summer (BCUK inspiration) so I will take along the kukri, and the Bamsen. Hell I might even leave the tent at home and try and make a shelter.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Well this is my general use knife, not ideal but i love it and the best knifein the world is the one you trust :rolleyes:
I know of only 2 others from this range, my dad has the next size down which i used while i was growing up for scout's etc and the others a skinner style job that's a little bigger, that's on a website in the states and refuse to ship across the atlantic :banghead: Saw this in a local gunshop a few years ago and spent the last of my cash for the month on it, didnt even haggle with the shocking price tag and slight bend in the tip :yikes:
It's a G96 940 with a stainless blade, it's done everything i've ever asked of it and kept it's edge while doing it, what more can i ask?

Attachments

• G96.JPG
    G96.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 80

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE