What's the latest bit of kit you've bought and why?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi All,

Just wondering, what's the latest bit of kit you've brought and why? I thought it might be a good way of seeing if there are any trends and adding things to a "wish list" for the future.

I've just brought one of those niffty looking pocket folding stoves (seconds) as they look like a handy alternative to camping gas and hexi cookers.

I've also just brought this! Because I've always wanted one. :D

Cheers,
J

May 24, 2007
The beloved bought a Lowe Alpine rucksack on Sunday, and we're buying an ultralightweight tent on Wednesday.
We're walking part of the Pembrokeshire coast for the week after the summer bushmoot, so all my heavyweight stuff is useless.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Berghaus Polo Shirt, because I'm coming round to the view that a polo shirt is the comfiest thing to wear on the hills during the summer.

Scoops

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Fuji FinePix S6500fd if it qualifies as kit. The limitations of my £50 Kodak finally got the better of me. Plus I got a pay rise at work :)

If it only qualifies as a toy - so SWMBO insists. Then it's a coupel of OS maps of dartmoor and nearby.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
A cowboy style enamel cookset for 4. I bought it so I could cook for more than 1 person at a time and to encourge me to be a bit more sociable, ie. I might offer you a brew if the kettle is on.

If you are after a set check out Ronnie Sunshines ebay shop. No affiliation, etc, just a very satisfied customer.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
One each of the Big Tarp and Little Tarp by Truenorth Outdoors (Jed Yarnold's company).

4mx3m and 3x2.4 respectively. Bought because I wanted a more versatile tarp that could be used over a hammock and on the ground, and because I wanted a group/area cover...and Jed's tarps are the best I have seen, very sturdy, lots of attachments, not oo heavy, and they come with reflective guy lines, pegs, and stuffsacks :D

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Axe handle for the project that BR has been kindly helping me with and a Scalp leather knife from Singeblister - because I liked it

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think the last thing I bought would have been the group buy hammocks, although Ratbag got me a folding trowel that has gone into the response pak that I gave him a few pennies for, so that's probably the last thing I bought.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE