Whats the fuss......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I'm not one of thoe who looks forward to snow. i find it makes getting where I'm going hazardous (only have the wife's little VW Fox for transport), but if I'm out in it and camping, the only world for it is magical. There's something about being warm, comfortable, relaxed and outside in snow that just feels fabulous and puts a smile on my face.

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Because snow comes around so rarely it's one of things that you have to make the most of when you have it.

I like it because it's magical and so quiet, you can almost imagine (and often don't need to) that you're the only person for miles around. You can also do all sorts of snowsports. I also find winter much easier to keep comfortable in than summer, you can just put on another layer or do more work if you feel cold, however in summer if you're hot and have stripped down to the limit of decency then you just have to suck it up and stay hot and uncomfortable.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We haven't seen the Sun for weeks...almost literally, I think I saw it for ten minutes somewhere around the 23rd....when it snows the world is bright :D and the dreich of an overcast sodden wet Winter is lifted :cool:
Travelling by road is difficult, but walking is actually easier than trying to do it through inches of mud.

Besides, the outdoors becomes one enormous playground :D :D

cheers,
M

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
It's been nothing but gale force winds and rain where I am just now.

A decent heavy snow would lift the spirits some what.

Last edited:

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Its just an other one of natures challange to test you, your kit, and your skills.... and it just another excuse to go and play, if not in the bush, in the Landy..... :)

Well said that man! I love snow, but when I was working it wasn't too much of an issue to get to work as it was only a two hour walk, so didn't really bother me. If I had further to go for work or lost power, water and heating then it would be more of a problem.

I like the challenges it brings and down south it's so short lived you've got to just go out and enjoy it. I love watching animals coming to terms with it, like the roe deer bounding across a snow covered field.

But I am far from being a teenager. Anyway, it's got to be a good excuse for the guys who've been on the artic courses to put their learning to good use.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I like snow for the following reasons;

2012_0602tracks0034.jpg

2012_0605tracks0032.jpg

2012_0605tracks0280-1.jpg

2012_0603tracks0025.jpg

2012_0605tracks0029-1.jpg

Also offers some great opportunities to see & identify animal tracks
2012_0602tracks0043.jpg

2012_0605tracks0383.jpg

And...............................dogs look great in the stuff
2012_0605tracks0092.jpg

Tom-.jpg

Either you understand or you don't :)

Last edited:

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Indeed, I also like the way you feel the moisture in your nose freeze and thaw with each breath when you're out in around -20C or colder :)

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
Because I am sick to death of rain, and snow is much more likely than sun and blue skies, so I'll take what I can get. ;) I do actaully prefer hiking in the cold (doesn't have to be snow) in winter than sweating and being eaten alive by insects in the summer though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE