Whats on your Christmas List?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
i want tickets to go and see John Fenna starring in pantomime, you can keep your Ray Mears talks!;)
Jed,
I don't doubt that John will act his heart out for the panto - but the one photo that he posted a while ago means that you really are one sick puppy!
;)

Good book, im 150 pages or so in. I agree; I didnt like Gordon Hillman in the Wild Food series neither.
I think Gordon set the series off,
He portrayed the "other side" that confirms by experimentation and calculation, that which we already know. It might well be that his appearance has converted more people from armchair to fireside.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Just ordered a Swazi "One Tough Brutha" Anorak as my Christmas pressie from me to me!

http://www.swazi.co.nz/Online-Shop/Wet-Weather-Gear/One-Tough-Brutha/

Apparently more robust than the Tahr Anorak as beloved by Mr Mears, but not as quiet as it doesn't have the soft outer layer..........not a problem for me as I don't do much in the way of hunting!

...........and it arrived yesterday! Absolute Dog's Danglies!

Now as it's FAR too early for it to be a Christmas pressie, maybe a Swanndri Mosgiel might be coming along!

.........I'm FAR too good to myself!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Another "don't celebrate Christmas" here. Not a church goer at the best of times and I see no point of buying things that will be cheaper a week later.

That said my daughter comes for a week and we have a lovely time. No decorations we haven't made by hand. I make sweets, chutneys and pickles. Hampers of my booze and BBs cakes plus various jerkies and sweetmeats are given as gifts. Its nothing to do with "Christmas" and far more about the old celebrations when animals were killed and preserved, feasts were had with the excess stored foods, fires were laid and the nights drew in. Nothing commercial or preachy about it

Red

Wow...I'm on me way!! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Jeezy Creezy....you could use the pocket on the front of that thing as an emergency Bivi Dave!!!

:D

Have a very merry christmas!!

P

...........and it arrived yesterday! Absolute Dog's Danglies!

Now as it's FAR too early for it to be a Christmas pressie, maybe a Swanndri Mosgiel might be coming along!

.........I'm FAR too good to myself!

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Jed,
I don't doubt that John will act his heart out for the panto - but the one photo that he posted a while ago means that you really are one sick puppy!
;)

I think Gordon set the series off,
He portrayed the "other side" that confirms by experimentation and calculation, that which we already know. It might well be that his appearance has converted more people from armchair to fireside.

ATB

Ogri the trog

I agree Ogri - The guy's a legend. How could you not like Gordon Hillman. Great guy :headbang: :You_Rock_

I'm going to be working over Christmas :( but I'll be off for the new year :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE