Christmas - What is on your wish list?

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
So are you saying I should write fix this one above the knee with a big arrow pointing at it ,just to be safe ........... John ,now you have me thinking ,I go to see my surgeon on Monday with one more question to ask him :)

I would. All joking aside one of my school friends was born with a defective knee joint. When he was 7 they decided he was old enough to stand the surgery but the dozy buggers operated on the wrong knee, took out a perfectly good joint and replaced it. It was years before they admited any wrong doing and he finally got the bad one fixed.

Several years ago my wife injured her knee on the job and went in to have it 'scraped' as the surgeon said. Not wanting any mistakes she drew an arrow with "This One" above the bad knee. When her surgeon came round for a visit after the surgery he said that it was a good idea as she was the only one who knew 100% which was the bad one and paperwork mistakes do happen.

**EDIT** My wife is an expert on knee rehab and knows a few tricks to aid the healing without causing further injury. So when you're back home and want some hints and tips drop me a line. Good luck with the surgery mate.

Last edited:

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
My christmas wish list has one thing on it. A successful outcome to my wife Visa application. We sent it to the British Consulate in New york as per the instruction on the application and a month later it was returned with a letter saying they no longer handle the applications and we should send it to Sheffield. So a month wasted and now we have to wait even longer. Would be nice if they would update the address on the application.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
.... the only one who knew 100% which was the bad one and paperwork mistakes do happen.

Tell me about it ~ in my case 'wide excision ankle' got rewritten as 'wide excision rectum' :yikes: . The error was only spotted just before the op was to begin ... and then only because I sat down to show them the lump ;) :rofl: .

Not got a Christmas list ~ just happy to see another one; so a day out together and a meal (with swmbo :p ) will do nicely :D .

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I got an Optimus Crux off Kev a while back, it's a really nice design that fits into the concave base of the gas can (250g). If you're going for a walk and want to carry less, then have a look at the Alpkit Kraku.

https://www.alpkit.com/products/kraku

Thanks! I think the kraku might be a bit tooooo small - I want s stove not a Bunsen burner flame. :D

I had seen the crux but also (if I remember this right) the fire maple fms-116 which seems a good option and cheaper than the crux.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I'd go for a blade by Nic Westermann. A nice kiridashi for leather work.

Tool rolls for your cooking gear.

My wish list is pretty endless sadly.

My list is growing now - Thanks. Do you or indeed anyone else have any tool roll recommendations? I bought one a while back and it was truly awful in terms of quality.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My list is growing now - Thanks. Do you or indeed anyone else have any tool roll recommendations? I bought one a while back and it was truly awful in terms of quality.

I was looking for a tool roll a while back and found these folks, no idea which is decent but there are plenty to choose from.

Me, nothing bushcrafty really, some new woolpower gear would be good, but what I'd really like is the spare cash to send my sister in Scotland a ton of dried ash firewood, as things are looking she'll be wearing two wooly jerseys this festive season. :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
So are you saying I should write fix this one above the knee with a big arrow pointing at it ,just to be safe ........... John ,now you have me thinking ,I go to see my surgeon on Monday with one more question to ask him :)

There are a few surgeries over here have the patient do just exactly that.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My shooting days are long gone, but a loaded gun just in case world peace doesn't happen sounds a good bet to me. :)

Screen%20shot%202011-05-02%20at%202.07.03%20AM%201.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE