What's in your pocket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 27, 2007
essex
As a kid all sorts of things could be found in my pocket! Usually bits of plants, twigs, tinder, mushrooms and general 'things'. Oh, and I would always come home with a stick, and I still do!

Not much has changed with me. But was, or is, anyone else as bad as me?

Today I have a bunch of keys and nice BUCK folder, firesteel and a srunched up hat. Who knows what will be in their by the end of the day?

So, come on, what's in yours today?

Kris

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Ok, i will play along.

Left thigh: Levelling book, two pencils and a few folded up drawings
Right thigh: Calculator,insulation tape, marker pen and Tippex pen
Left front: Some change and a fiver (all thats left after the pub yesterday!)
Right front: Keys
Right back: Wallet (empty, see above!)

Can you tell i am at work?

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Binder twine( dont know how i"d manage without it), Firesteel, a carrot(forgot about that), last but not least my hip flask

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
My jacket has gloves, keys and in the breast pocket there's a titanium spork, some dried grass and the busted up seed head of a greater reedmace :rolleyes: :D

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
OK, I was wondering whether to start a topic like this. In my right pocket I have my buddy kit, which consists of a large ring with a led torch, flint striker, 2 pill vials,whistle, knife sharpener, compass. In my left pocket I keep my mobile and loose change. also I carry my wallet with a few extra useful bits

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Shirt pocket: Screwdriver, pencil, pay statement and security swipe card for server rooms.

Right thigh: £13.27, a lighter, 2 rubber bands and about 2m of string.

Left thigh: Black bandana/snot rag, keys on small crab (with LED and firesteel).

Back right: Wallet with Swiss Army credit card (Don't laugh, it was a gift).

Don't get me started on the coat. It's full of useful (see 'less') junk. :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Right pocket...
Hankie
Small fomes fomentaria
Token for a trolley
2 metres of rush string
Pair of pruners
Brass thimble
4 kirby grips

Left pocket...
Polybag
Mini container with lavender ess.oil
4 dried rosehaws :confused:
2 oakgalls
Coil of ivy string
Bits of crumbles leaves

....if this gets any worse I'd be best just composting it all :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I've got tight jeans on today so there's not much in my pockets :D
front left: mobile phone if I'm away from my desk - have to remove it to sit down :eek:
rear left: wallet (I don't go for girlie purses)
rear right: bother, clean jeans this morning so left my knife at home, current EDC spyderco Robin

I never did get the point of handbags :confused:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Quite true hehe. Im trying to look at us through the eyes of good old Joe bloggs though :D

Kris

If we're good enough at our camouflage the blighters never even notice us :cool:

I do see what you mean though :rolleyes: :D You know those scenes in films where the prisoner being released has all of the contents of his pockets returned to him just before he goes out the door? Can you imagine explaining some of the bits we carry around:eek: :lmao:

cheers,
Toddy

Sep 27, 2007
essex
You know those scenes in films where the prisoner being released has all of the contents of his pockets returned to him just before he goes out the door? Can you imagine explaining some of the bits we carry around:o :lmao: cheers said:
Haha, I tell you what, if its on a day when im teaching I would be in the cells for a fair bit. I found a pocket full of pine cone centres in my pocket the other week, quite often some catapult elastic too!

Kris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE