Headwear for the in between months?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I don't think I could carry it off. It's a style too far for me. I can see how practical it could be.

I can't remember, did scouts have a beret? I was in it for only a short time.

Reactions: bigjackbrass

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
These Eastman watchcaps are very, very good. Beautifully well made and comfortable. Also makes you look handsome in rough, overweight kind of Springsteen sort of way. Has the bizarre effect of making one look forward to the kind of weather you might wear it in. Obvs, take the label off. :)

There's a wool baseball cap too; warmer than the cotton ones there.

Also look out for a good quality 'Radar' cap.
There's some amazing stuff on that site but not cheap is it !

Sent from Somerset using magic

Reactions: Billy-o

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Definitely a 'treat yourself' kind of place. :) But those wool caps are absolutely it. Don't pull, pill, unravel or lose shape. Good deep colours. Even the knit itself is a technical joy to behold.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Tilley hat does three seasons for me. wool or fleece in winter.
Buff also great as a headband when it's chilly but you dont want a full hat.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Montane logo beanie not too warm or over hot for use in the autumn. Also the snugpak contact beanie not sure if still sold though. This is my favourite because it’s a fleece less itchy but very very thin for this time of year and small/packable

Found this

Last edited:

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
From Spring to early Autumn I can get away a seagrass hat of a type associated with Aussie golfers. Then, as the days shorten, either of my wide-brims or, if it's really pelting down, a home made cour-boule job that is almost solid with beeswax.
Dry but bitter cold Winters have me in a Russian Fur hat I got in Murmansk 56 years ago and still going strong.

Regards All
Ceeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE