What's in your pocket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I have some small change - £1.55 and a 5 cent piece - probably from the pub. My keys, a couple of freezer bags, one with some odd looking resin in it - looks like rust, the other with some mushrooms for posting on here later for identification. Some remains of various pine needles too after trying different ones out for pine needle tea.

Cheers, Nag.

Oh aye and some pocket fluff. Blue. :D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I have some small change - £1.55 and a 5 cent piece - probably from the pub. My keys, a couple of freezer bags, one with some odd looking resin in it - looks like rust, the other with some mushrooms for posting on here later for identification. Some remains of various pine needles too after trying different ones out for pine needle tea.

Cheers, Nag.

Oh aye and some pocket fluff. Blue. :D

Yes Officer,it's only my rust collection and the 'shrooms are for my tea...:rolleyes:

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
pretty unexciting, same for me every day;

back right - wallet
back left - ooo payslip :D usually empty
front right - some change and an Aldi receipt for some rope and dark chocolate..
front left - hankie, lip salve, gerber shortcut, space pen and a wee bit of paracord for playing with in meetings...:dunno:

cheers,

Alan

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Pocket-1.jpg

Pocket-2.jpg

A selection of stuff like this.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Left front keys on ring with SAK, MAG solitaire attached to key ring with fishing swivels
Right front £5.92 in shrapnel
Left back 2m of cord
Right back small Walk on Water wallet with cards and money
No pocket fluff as I always empty it into a urine sample bottle to use for fire starting
jon

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
... I always empty it into a urine sample bottle to use for fire starting ...
jon

Not too damp then? ;)

SAK card with a flat roll of 1m of duct tape, 2m cord, office keys, change, wallet, bleep, tourniquet.

Tons more junk in my jacket pockets though

cheapeats

Forager
Feb 20, 2008
New England
Wayland, I have a couple of questions about your "pocket kit" The balck and metal item near the antler whistle what is it? And second what type of knife is the one with the leather thong on it? Third is the small lighter in the lower right hand corner a home made unit?

Here is what was in my pants pockets today;
SwissTech tool
flashdrive
couple of rubber bands
car keys on minibiner
work keys/bottle opener
alligator jumper lead
Marker
ballpoint pen
cough drops
pocket knife
ID holder/money clip
zippo lighter covered in bicycle inner tube
inpockets18march2008.jpg

Sep 27, 2007
essex
Some fine pocket stuff!

I think this has to be the strangest thing I have seen come from a pocket.

I was sitting on the bank of a local lake as a kid and this American chap came over to me and started chatting about life, he was soooo drunk he could hardly stand up. Anyway, after a good hour of talking he reached into his pocket and produced a fish, a roach to be exact!

I seem to attract drunk people for some reason, but this was one of the strangest occasions, but at least he was good tempered unlike some I have had to deal with.

I did feel sorry for the fish though.

Kris

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wayland, I have a couple of questions about your "pocket kit" The black and metal item near the antler whistle what is it? And second what type of knife is the one with the leather thong on it? Third is the small lighter in the lower right hand corner a home made unit?

The item near the whistle is a torch, Inova X1 I think. The knife is a Barrel knife.

Barrel-knife-1.jpg

Barrel-knife-2.jpg

Barrel-knife-3.jpg

Good bit of kit with the safest lock system I've seen anywhere. Sadly no longer made.

The lighter may well be an engineers piece, I got it at a boot sale for a couple of quid.

It's very like a peanut but bigger and made of brass. It's wrapped in a bit of inner tube like some of the other bits, partly to seal it against fuel loss, partly to stop them all rattling in my pockets and lastly to provide a bit of waterproof fire lighter if needed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE