Whats in your Pocket?

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Interested to know what you carry if out walking the dog, or just out in the country for a stole, I know we all have our own preferences for kit we take when spending one or more nights out. Here's a pic of what goes in my pocket, anti-clockwise I have, char cloth, mini led torch, whistle, SAK, mini fire steel.

Pocket.jpg
[/IMG]

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Why, the One Ring, of course! ;)

Seriously though, I have my keyring with a whistle on it, a cigarette lighter, my tobacco pouch, my phone, and a little Stockman folder. Oh, and some cash, usually...

I also tend to keep a Ranger 27 compass and a pair of sunglasses in my jacket pockets. The compass is only really there so that I know where it is, rather than losing it in my kit cupboard somewhere.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I don't always do it, but I really should ALWAYS carry a map and compass. I always do so when I'm walking away from home, but recently went for a walk near home without them, and ended up adding about an hour onto the walk as we went in a big circle, rather than a small circle, because my sense of direction went wrong!.

Family weren't best pleased. :(

Geoff

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Tend to have my shooting jacket on when out with the dog, and have in the pockets

Light weight dog leed made out of twisted para cord
Folding knife
Lighter
And more often then not a copy of food for free

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
This lot.

sak_etc_2.jpg

Usually on a mini karabiner in a pocket, but soon to be in a leather belt pouch. Remarkably similar collection to yours.

L-R: Victorinox SAK Farmer, Fenix L0P SE torch, Fauxton, Sliver Grippers, Micro Firesteel, Whistle (Acme Tornado I think)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have a bcuk photon torch, SAK, whistle and a rabbits foot keyring all on a paracord lanyard
leon

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Before I go over the doorstep I always check I have my fags, zippo, Victorinox Tinker and my Ring Mini-Cyba-Lite (it has my key on it).

Work (in an office) is pretty much the same but I add cash, wallett and mobile.

A short stroll or out with the dog I will take my locking Victorinox and Tinker and Ring Mini-Cyba-Lite, zippo and fags.

Anything longer than a stroll or with the dog then....well lets not go there! :rolleyes:

ATB....Stu

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i forgot to say that the paracord lanyard uses about 10ft of cord so could be unravelled and used if needed
leon

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
twisted firestarter said:
Hi Woodcutter
Just wondered where you got that char cloth container from?
Mmmmm must have :p

Its the container that you get when you buy a single set of ear plugs, I got this one free on a motorbike magazine some time ago, but have seen them in motorbike shops, usually hanging up by the counter, they don't cost much, not sure how waterproof it is but considering its in your pocket it shouldn't matter too much.

You can get them here too, but only in packs of 4.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.car-travel-games.co.uk/SHOP/earplugs.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.car-travel-games.co.uk/SHOP/ear-plugs.html&h=449&w=397&sz=32&hl=en&start=18&um=1&tbnid=nbK1ixFvwkb4EM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=112&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dear%2Bplugs%2Bcontainer%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
On my house keys that i always have with me is a,
Inova microlight led torch
Vic swiss mini champ(going to swap this for a leatherman micra when funds permit because it has better scissors than the Vic)
Perry whistle
Mini Maglite that stop working a long time ago so i have modified it to carry inside a ten pound note,two sowing needles(one with white thread wrapped around one with black thread)three small safety pins and a mini ferro rod
I want to get a "peanut lighter" to add to the bunch but they do not ship to the UK at the moment :(
link for peanut lighter>http://www.countycomm.com/peanutlighter.htm

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
on my house/car keys

bcuk led torch, firesteel, "dog id barrel" stuffed with cotton wool & vasaline, leatherman squirt p4 and blood group keyring just in case. :rolleyes:

may add a whistle if i can find one small enough

ABCD0002.jpg

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Same as I have in my pockets the rest of the time:

Fags, lighter, mobile, wallet, dog poo bags and keys (which do actually have one of those little photon torch thingys on them).

Cheers,

Bam. :D

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
ZippoandKnife.jpg

These two objects are in my trouser pockets at all times. I've never had to use them for anything serious yet, but there have been a couple of occasions where I've almost needed them. And in my books, that justifies their potential.

Adam

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!

JURA

Forager
Feb 15, 2007
devon
nice one squidders..... thought i was the only one to venture forth not -tooled up-. I hate carrying anything in pockets.... actually hate carrying anything at all if i can help it..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE