What wildlife did you spot today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I spotted what I believe was a grass snake in a swampy bit of woodland yesterday. Only caught a split second glimpse of the back half of it rushing to hide in some foliage.

Phil_R

Oct 19, 2010
Aberdeenshire
Walking Mount Keen this time last week I saw red deer, grouse, red kite, buzzard, and a woodpecker. I was also visited by two red squirrels, who were clearly unperturbed by me and the dog, and galloped about on the track for about 5 minutes or so before charging up a tree!
IMG_0610.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpeg
    IMG_0610.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: Kadushu and Chris

Phil_R

Oct 19, 2010
Aberdeenshire
We have a pair that live in a big tree nearby and come into our garden. They’re tremendously smart. One of them steals eggs out of the chicken coop, much to my annoyance!
I was washing the dishes one day and saw it flying past with one in its beak!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
A few Kites over head at the moment, and there was a pesky squirrel i chased off the bird feeder earlier, it's looking way too fat and the bird feeder is looking way too empty!

fielder1963

Aug 29, 2013
Shropshire
From the house yesterday I saw a sparrow hawk, a pair of goldfinches a hare. Also two buzzards circling high up.
Goldfinches are so beautiful and have a pretty tinkling little song and a dancing flight. Appropriately the collective term for them is a charm.

Reactions: Megatramp

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
From the house yesterday I saw a sparrow hawk, a pair of goldfinches a hare. Also two buzzards circling high up.
Goldfinches are so beautiful and have a pretty tinkling little song and a dancing flight. Appropriately the collective term for them is a charm.
I like that. A charm of Goldfinches. Never heard that. Delightful. thanks x

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Todays morning wander was as the sun was coming over the ridge into a mist filled valley, there were Roe in the field with Skylarks, Chiff Chaffs and Thrush amongst others.

Louis

Attachments

• IMG_5397.jpeg
    IMG_5397.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 7

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE