What torch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I'm thinking about getting another torch to go on a key ring - but...
It's not my every day key ring so I want something slightly bigger than a photon.

I'd like it powered by 1 CR123 battery so something like a Surefire E1 size but not that sort of price :eek:
Does anyone have any suggestions of a small CR123 powered torch that doesn't cost silly money please ?

Cheers

Mark

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
You can get very cheap imitation Surefire's from ebay - not as reliable or robust - but excellent for keyring work! Will try and dig out a link when I get home (work have developed a problem with me using ebay in their time! Spoil Sports!)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
That's exactly the sort of thing Tomtom :beerchug:
Except it will eat batteries at a 3 watt output ! Not to worry though.

Any idea of UK sellers?

Cheers

Mark

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Try the Jamie forum on BB you will probably get more of a response!

I know Joe has some of their tourches on EOG but you would have to call him and ask him if he could get that one in!

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
sorry i can't offer any advice but i was wondering if someone could tell me....Why do these torches have an aggressive bevel on the front? Is it for personal protection or as a sort of last resort saw or something?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
bilko said:
Is it for personal protection or as a sort of last resort saw or something?

yes, bit silly really.. i dont think they are advatised as such as carrying it with the intention of using it a personal protection wepon makes it an offencive wepon.. so its not advertised as such.. at least this is how i understand it? :rolleyes:

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
bilko said:
sorry i can't offer any advice but i was wondering if someone could tell me....Why do these torches have an aggressive bevel on the front? Is it for personal protection or as a sort of last resort saw or something?

Not soley, no. So you can see 'em when you put them bezel down on a surface... without switching them off first. With a SF incandescent, you *could* start a fire.

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
You could also do worse than a Peak Matterhorn or a Fenix LP1 both available from lighthound. The QIII is a good torch and will last a good long while but is a bit on the bulky side for a keyring.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
The bulkiness of it isn't too much of a problem, I was thinking of using my Pubfits (a 2 cell CR123 light) - and may still in fact!
It's to go on the scout hut keys so wont be used every day. I really want something powered by CR123's rather than AA's.
I'm sure they're good lights though.

Cheers

Mark

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Ok, this thread has kinda ticked me off. I just logged on to BCUK, open this thread, and in less than 5 minutes, I spent $38. Sheesh... :aargh4:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Hoodoo said:
Ok, this thread has kinda ticked me off. I just logged on to BCUK, open this thread, and in less than 5 minutes, I spent $38. Sheesh... :aargh4:
Come on Hoodoo, you can't just say something like that. :eek:
What have you bought ?????

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Reckon it's a Nuwai Q3.

I got one last week from the US. No customs charges. Bright, feels good in the palm and you don't notice it on the belt (good but slightly flimsy belt pouch supplied).

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
tomtom said:
nuwai 3 is a good option.. out put is a lot higher than the e1e and the price is better to
http://www.lighthound.com/sales/nuwai_tm303x.php

light hound is the same person as surfire-parts who many members have used on ebay and have been very pleased with!

As much as I like my QIII, I don't think it would be that great on my keys.

The main problem is how would you attach it? The only hole you can get a bit of line through is at the end of the clip.

It is a damn nice torch though!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Greetings all,

I have the opportunity to pick up a G2 Nitrolon for US$45, outright from the local shop here in Basrah, it's from the American PX. My question is, how good are they? I can't get over to BB unfortunately, so can't ask them, but MBM says they are quite good and that is a good price. Can anyone add to that?

I was hoping he could get me the C2, but he can't. Damn shame, I like the look of it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE